Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have these i have a fix for the rattle and the slop. When I first got these I liked them, then they got loose and vibrated and got really loud. Well take the same size pipe that the "peg" rests on and weld the two pipes together. Then drill two holes one at each end of the pipe down through the foot peg and install two bolts and you just made these nerfs a lot more sturdier. As for the front where they meet you can install some o rings then a little bit of electrical or duct tape whatever you want, and no more vibration. I hope this helps if you have the same problems I had.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just drilled all the way through the peg and the mounting bracket that sticks out and put a 3/8 inch bolt through it. no more problem

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i did first but, it got loose too. ^_^

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by blake450r@Jun 1 2004, 08:11 PM
If you have these i have a fix for the rattle and the slop. When I first got these I liked them, then they got loose and vibrated and got really loud. Well take the same size pipe that the "peg" rests on and weld the two pipes together. Then drill two holes one at each end of the pipe down through the foot peg and install two bolts and you just made these nerfs a lot more sturdier. As for the front where they meet you can install some o rings then a little bit of electrical or duct tape whatever you want, and no more vibration. I hope this helps if you have the same problems I had.
I took your advice today and the installation went great! Thanks for the tips. For anyone else who wants to try the peg-mount extensions, all you need is about 4.5" of 3/4" pipe. Weld it on, grind the weld down so it'll fit into the nerf, and away you go.

I have to agree, though, that this seems to have been a rush job by AC. The quality of constructions seems good, but the design of the mounts could be improved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts