Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Sorry for that dumb question .. just i wanna know if the trx450r cylinder is Nikasil ( same yfz cylinder ) which requried bore then REPLATE the cylinder or just bore it and resleeve it? coz im intend to get 480 big bore kit from Max power or any other shop u recommend me to buy the kit from

Also i wanna ask if the CR250 dirtbike is Nikasil and need bore/replate or just bore and resleeve ?

thanx again

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The 450R cylinder is Nikasil plated. The 500cc FST I have was bored and replated.
I have no idea about the CR250.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
Nickel+Carbide+Silicon NiCaSil extremely hard yet with a porous matrix that "holds" oil. what's not to
................mixxer

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do not have the answer for you but spoke to a gentleman at Maxpower regarding there 480 big bore and he seemed to know what he was talking about. But when I had my engine apart, I was looking at cylinder wall thickness , it is not real thick to begin with. Would a new aftermarket cylinder be a better and more durable choice.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Sep 27 2004, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know the base hardness of this coating and how thick it's normally applied ?

(Any details about the process would be appreciated) ... As in firearms, prep is 80% of the quality of the finished job ...

I would like to know if the poeple doing this after Honda know it well enough or if it's a no brainer coating ...
Here in wisconsin we have 3 big places that do this. US Chrome, Max-power, and Millinium. The guy that is doing my motor assembly sent mine to Millinium(he has used all 3 at one time or another). Of the builders I talked to they all seem to use millinium. When I talked to Kenz down there he told me he used millinium because they are the best and thats what I here from everyone else. Millinium's site
www.mt-llc.com Take it what what it's worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts