Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have called honda service and i have went to a couple honda dealers close to me and they say that honda doesn't make a 50 and up pilot for the 450r. Oh and where can i get an hrc needle for my honda?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Manny450r@Sep 18 2004, 05:59 PM
I have called honda service and i have went to a couple honda dealers close to me and they say that honda doesn't make a 50 and up pilot for the 450r.  Oh and where can i get an hrc needle for my honda?
If someone has the part number for the needle they can post it here for you. They'll have to look on the bubblr wrap package it came in. I already threw mine away, sorry :( . As for the jets, Honda doesn't make them the MFG. of the carb. does. You'll have to go to someone who reps. for them or purchase a kit that will include all of the jet sizes and needles. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I just recieved my 50 pilot from our site sponser WPP racing. He has the 52 pilot also. He can probly get you your needle also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is wpp at?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks tuffguy i guess i can give him a call on monday or something.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I got my 50 pilot from WPPracing on this site also....4.75 cents shipped.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 20 2004, 01:54 PM
you all are jetting your quads wrong, you should not need to up your pilot jet.  read the jetting FAQ in the performance FAQ forum.
well we didnt know you were such a genious.....so if we simply listen to you then all our jetting problems will be gone! ......just for your info, I was getting beat off the line by a 450r with a 50 pilot jet, so I put one in mine and guess what....our take offs are pretty much even now...so I will stick with the 50 pilot....and you can keep the 48...

Plus, I garuntee a lot of people now what Im talking about when I say it fixed the problem of your bike stalling as soon as you touch the throttle, after leaving it idle for a few minutes...

with the 48 pilot jet, if I would let the bike set and idle for a minute, as soon as I would start to touch the throttle to take off, it would just die rather harshly....with the 50 pilot jet it never does that...I can let it idle as long as I want now, and when I go to take off, it takes off....it doesnt die anymore....I will keep the 50....you can make do with the 48 if you want, but dont tell eveyone they are wrong cause they dont think like you do.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 20 2004, 02:54 PM
you all are jetting your quads wrong, you should not need to up your pilot jet.  read the jetting FAQ in the performance FAQ forum.
If you look closely you will see that if you turn more than 3 turns out on the screw then you gotta go up to a 50 B)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Sep 20 2004, 02:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteZee
@Sep 20 2004, 01:54 PM
well we didnt know you were such a genious.....so if we simply listen to you then all our jetting problems will be gone! ......just for your info, I was getting beat off the line by a 450r with a 50 pilot jet, so I put one in mine and guess what....our take offs are pretty much even now...so I will stick with the 50 pilot....and you can keep the 48...

Plus, I garuntee a lot of people now what Im talking about when I say it fixed the problem of your bike stalling as soon as you touch the throttle, after leaving it idle for a few minutes...

with the 48 pilot jet, if I would let the bike set and idle for a minute, as soon as I would start to touch the throttle to take off, it would just die rather harshly....with the 50 pilot jet it never does that...I can let it idle as long as I want now, and when I go to take off, it takes off....it doesnt die anymore....I will keep the 50....you can make do with the 48 if you want, but dont tell eveyone they are wrong cause they dont think like you do. [/b]
thanks lude! saved me a LOT of typing. i'll bet you feel better now too. :D

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Sep 20 2004, 03:40 PM
Did that happen to you when it was stock too, or only after it was modded? That same thing happens to me, so I am hoping that once I drop in a cam, pipe, filter, and rejet it with a 50 pilot it will be gone. But, if it didn't happen to you when it was stock then IDK what's up with mine ...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Sep 20 2004, 07:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Sep 20 2004, 03:40 PM
Did that happen to you when it was stock too, or only after it was modded? That same thing happens to me, so I am hoping that once I drop in a cam, pipe, filter, and rejet it with a 50 pilot it will be gone. But, if it didn't happen to you when it was stock then IDK what's up with mine ...
[/b]
yes, that did happen to me when I was stock....it also happened after opening the bike up.....it stopped when I put the 50 pilot in.....plus I get more power right off the line now...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lude what kinda mods do you have done on your bike? Thanks alot I am curious about the 50 pilot as when I blip my throttle from idle it wants to cut out.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by kazpr@Sep 21 2004, 10:52 AM
Lude what kinda mods do you have done on your bike? Thanks alot I am curious about the 50 pilot as when I blip my throttle from idle it wants to cut out.
sparks cam, air filter, and jet kit
DR. D slip on. stock head pipe
no air box lid
185 main
Sparks needle on 3rd clip
50 Pilot
2.5 turns out on the pilot screw.....

and thats it as far as engine mods.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Sep 21 2004, 08:35 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 07:18 PM

yes, that did happen to me when I was stock....it also happened after opening the bike up.....it stopped when I put the 50 pilot in.....plus I get more power right off the line now... [/b]
Hey Lude, I have the fcr 39mm as you know. I have a 45 pilot!!! I have the stall problem your talking about. I wonder if I go up to a 48 if that would do the same thing for my carb?? :mellow:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Sep 21 2004, 01:14 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 08:35 AM

yes, that did happen to me when I was stock....it also happened after opening the bike up.....it stopped when I put the 50 pilot in.....plus I get more power right off the line now...
Hey Lude, I have the fcr 39mm as you know. I have a 45 pilot!!! I have the stall problem your talking about. I wonder if I go up to a 48 if that would do the same thing for my carb?? :mellow: [/b]
I really cant say with the FCR>....I dont know anything about it.....I know this solved my problem though.....As a matter of fact I was doing a wheelie donout last Sunday, and it caught and flipped sideways, so naturally i jumped off onto my feet. The ATV landed back on its wheels, and took off down the trail by itself in 1st gear...I had to chase after it and catch it....normally it would have died. I cant get this thing to die anymore. I can hit the throttle as fast and as hard as I can and its just perfect......normally if you just blip the throttle a little really fast like that it would want to die.....but not anymore...If I was you I would try it...You can also try turning your air fuel screw a little more rich and that may help a little also....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Sep 21 2004, 02:03 PM-->
Originally posted by Rico'[email protected] 21 2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 08:35 AM

Hey Lude, I have the fcr 39mm as you know. I have a 45 pilot!!! I have the stall problem your talking about. I wonder if I go up to a 48 if that would do the same thing for my carb?? :mellow:
I really cant say with the FCR>....I dont know anything about it.....I know this solved my problem though.....As a matter of fact I was doing a wheelie donout last Sunday, and it caught and flipped sideways, so naturally i jumped off onto my feet. The ATV landed back on its wheels, and took off down the trail by itself in 1st gear...I had to chase after it and catch it....normally it would have died. I cant get this thing to die anymore. I can hit the throttle as fast and as hard as I can and its just perfect......normally if you just blip the throttle a little really fast like that it would want to die.....but not anymore...If I was you I would try it...You can also try turning your air fuel screw a little more rich and that may help a little also.... [/b]
Thanks, sound like you need to buy a kill switch!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts