Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
07 trx450er
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some thoughts I have decided not to leave my 07er bike stock. I am going with a new exhaust, ehs airbox, and cam. My future plans are to end the engine mods here and move on to suspension. I bought a monster exhaust and now looking for a cam. My ridding is 50% dunes, 35% trail ridding(+6000ft) and 15% desert.

question 1: I was going with a stage2 hotcams. Should I bump up to a stage 3?
question 2: My iinitial settings (based on info I gleamed from this site) for the jetting was going to be a 55 leak, 48 pilot and a 175 main. What do you all think?
Question 3: Has anyone here used azquadparts? Is their shipping and service any good. They seem reputable but I have never used them.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

· Registered
2006 Honda trx450er
238 Posts
After some thoughts I have decided not to leave my 07er bike stock. I am going with a new exhaust, ehs airbox, and cam. My future plans are to end the engine mods here and move on to suspension. I bought a monster exhaust and now looking for a cam. My ridding is 50% dunes, 35% trail ridding(+6000ft) and 15% desert.

question 1: I was going with a stage2 hotcams. Should I bump up to a stage 3?
question 2: My iinitial settings (based on info I gleamed from this site) for the jetting was going to be a 55 leak, 48 pilot and a 175 main. What do you all think?
Question 3: Has anyone here used azquadparts? Is their shipping and service any good. They seem reputable but I have never used them.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.
I would use the stage 2 hotcam it is a pretty good all around cam and as far as Az quad parts I have used them a few times and have always been happy with the shipping and service.

Reactions: Mr. Lew

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Glad to hear you’re going with the basic mods & not staying stock. I agree with the hotcam stage 2,
As far as the jets go, go with whatever monster recommends (with your elevation and cam)
I hear monster is a badazz exhaust.
I used AZ quad parts once and i thought shipping time was a little long (but im on the other side of the country.)
suspension is very important & sometimes over lookes! if it was me I’d do suspension/A arms first. But ither way you’re on the right track.
May i also recommend boyesen quick shot for carb and coolant pump? Both are budget friendly mods and easy to install yourself.
You might keep going with mods, once you start its hard to stop 😂 at least for me and my consuming personality 😆.
Other than that good luck 🍀 have fun, and send pics when you’re set up.

· Making HP ain’t free. . .
5,010 Posts
Definitely do not do the stage 3. You will have a dead motor on the bottom end. You really need mods to take advantage of a stage 3.

I think 175 is way too fat especially for your elevation. But no one hear can give you exact jetting, that is up to you to tune.

AZQuadparts is pretty decent.

· Registered
07 trx450er
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely do not do the stage 3. You will have a dead motor on the bottom end. You really need mods to take advantage of a stage 3.

I think 175 is way too fat especially for your elevation. But no one hear can give you exact jetting, that is up to you to tune.

AZQuadparts is pretty decent.
Thanks for the advice, I am having trouble finding info for what jetting Monster pipes like. I have not heard back from Paul at Monster but I have left a message. More than anything I was just trying to find a starting point. By the way good luck trying to find a stage 2 for less than $330. They are all on back order if it is for a decent price. I just talked to AZ Quad, they have 40 on backorder. Damn. I will have to check with CT racing for $330.

· Registered
07 trx450er
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, for a bit more than $330 for the HC 2, you could just go with a Web Cam and have a better product.
I will try to find a HC 2 and look at their performance. I did not know they were still available and I thought Webb cams require valve spring and valves for them to work properly. I agree that the Webb is a superior product so thank you for the advice.

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
i liked the stage 2 hotcam overall, good cam but you need the supporting mods for sure. AZ Quad parts is my main guy, hes been very good to me over the years and helped me out a lot. Big shout out to Matt!

right now Im running a 470 kit, web cam, ported head, dasa exhaust, ehs lid, bored carb and some other goodies. to say it rips is an understatement. I cant ever ride a stock one, Id be disappointed.

Reactions: Mr. Lew

· Registered
07 trx450er
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear you’re going with the basic mods & not staying stock. I agree with the hotcam stage 2,
As far as the jets go, go with whatever monster recommends (with your elevation and cam)
I hear monster is a badazz exhaust.
I used AZ quad parts once and i thought shipping time was a little long (but im on the other side of the country.)
suspension is very important & sometimes over lookes! if it was me I’d do suspension/A arms first. But ither way you’re on the right track.
May i also recommend boyesen quick shot for carb and coolant pump? Both are budget friendly mods and easy to install yourself.
You might keep going with mods, once you start its hard to stop 😂 at least for me and my consuming personality 😆.
Other than that good luck 🍀 have fun, and send pics when you’re set up.
Bullvine if you are interested in the build I have decided to document this one on my youtube channel. I have done 2 other builds but never recorded them. So for this one I am going to document the entire process. By the way my channel is really just a repository for my adventures so that I can show my grandkids the "cool sh*t" I use to do! In other words, don't expect high end video stuff. Channel Name : Torque Your Nuts Offroading or just follow this link.

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Bullvine if you are interested in the build I have decided to document this one on my youtube channel. I have done 2 other builds but never recorded them. So for this one I am going to document the entire process. By the way my channel is really just a repository for my adventures so that I can show my grandkids the "cool sh*t" I use to do! In other words, don't expect high end video stuff. Channel Name : Torque Your Nuts Offroading or just follow this link.
AWSOME, yea i like to see other peoples builds start to finish so thank you. It was getting a little boring there for a while. I like your channel name 😂 👍. Its a good idea to show the kids the cool sport quads they dont make anymore.
i might bite your style and do the same for my daughter and maybe her kids one day. But again thanks, I’ll definitely follow the build & will keep in touch. Im thinking about doing a complete build from scrap in the near future so ill be learning as i go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts