Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Been looking through posts and can't seem to find anything that answers my question.
I want to know if anyone has the sizes of the a-arm and swingarm bushings and bearings, and also I want to know if anyone has replaced the bearings with plastic bushings? Apparently they last longer and don't fail as soon as the needle bearings.

Thanks guys, any help appreciated!

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Type in A arm bushing size in the search community bar at the top of the screen. A few posts came up with links for bushing and bearing replacement. I took a screen shot of one of the posts with links. You should find your andwer there.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
No problem. Ive learned that the search bar is very helpful. Type in your question and 99% of the time theres many posts.
and if you cant find your answer there, there’s knowledgeable guy who’ve been on this site for years and will help. Whats year is yours quad BTW, and what mods do you have?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. Ive learned that the search bar is very helpful. Type in your question and 99% of the time theres many posts.
and if you cant find your answer there, there’s knowledgeable guy who’ve been on this site for years and will help. Whats year is yours quad BTW, and what mods do you have?
yeah im getting the hang of it now, lol mine is a 2004, i bought it with a failed rod bearing, the cases inside were a bit screwed so i´ve bought two new ones, well second hand i should say but they are in really good condition. as far as mods, only thing really is a durablue rear axle, aluminium skid plates, its got brake lines, it also has some wider a-arms but i dont know what make they are, i should post a photo and see if anyone knows. also got a akrapovic exhaust as well which is pretty sweet. god some nerf bars and a bumper up front. im gunna be rebuiling the whole thing, ive got it just about broken down. i need to weld up a couple of cracks in the frame and start rebuilding it all.

will be fun! lol

· Registered
1,194 Posts
yeah im getting the hang of it now, lol mine is a 2004, i bought it with a failed rod bearing, the cases inside were a bit screwed so i´ve bought two new ones, well second hand i should say but they are in really good condition. as far as mods, only thing really is a durablue rear axle, aluminium skid plates, its got brake lines, it also has some wider a-arms but i dont know what make they are, i should post a photo and see if anyone knows. also got a akrapovic exhaust as well which is pretty sweet. god some nerf bars and a bumper up front. im gunna be rebuiling the whole thing, ive got it just about broken down. i need to weld up a couple of cracks in the frame and start rebuilding it all.

will be fun! lol
Sounds like you have a lot to do. Whats an akrapovic exhaust?? Ive never heard of it. Can you send a pic of it. I assume you have a jet kit with the exhaust? And i will say the 04/05,s have a better platform for a big power build. (Strong tranny, among other things too) versus the 06+. So i hooe you plan on throwing some power at it while the motor is open. Sometimes I wish I kept my 05 and just threw a couple grand into it.
But then again nah! I love my 06 with the new build. Its fast.
well goid luck bro. Send pics during build and end results. Im sure you’ll have questions. The smart guys on here will help you. Im not one of them. Lol Strong back weak mind.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you have a lot to do. Whats an akrapovic exhaust?? Ive never heard of it. Can you send a pic of it. I assume you have a jet kit with the exhaust? And i will say the 04/05,s have a better platform for a big power build. (Strong tranny, among other things too) versus the 06+. So i hooe you plan on throwing some power at it while the motor is open. Sometimes I wish I kept my 05 and just threw a couple grand into it.
But then again nah! I love my 06 with the new build. Its fast.
well goid luck bro. Send pics during build and end results. Im sure you’ll have questions. The smart guys on here will help you. Im not one of them. Lol Strong back weak mind.
Hahah Yeah well, I've just sold a 04 yamaha raptor 340 that I built and was a powerfull thing, but this stock is a whole new level compared to that, so I'm just planning on getting it up and running, and then further down the line I will probably put a big bore kit on it. I hear lots of good things about these 04 and 05 450r's . I can't wait ti get her up and running. I will post some photos of the build! And yeah, the akrapovic exhaust is pretty sweet, and yeah I'm not sure if it's jetted right for the exhaust system. That's something I need to make sure of when I get it running.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Hahah Yeah well, I've just sold a 04 yamaha raptor 340 that I built and was a powerfull thing, but this stock is a whole new level compared to that, so I'm just planning on getting it up and running, and then further down the line I will probably put a big bore kit on it. I hear lots of good things about these 04 and 05 450r's . I can't wait ti get her up and running. I will post some photos of the build! And yeah, the akrapovic exhaust is pretty sweet, and yeah I'm not sure if it's jetted right for the exhaust system. That's something I need to make sure of when I get it running.
I just looked up the akrapovic exhaust and saw some videos, what a great exhaust. All titanium too. Expensive but so is this hobby (you get what you pay for)
The jetting on the 04/05 is much simpler than 06+. You shouldn’t have an issue. Me on the other hand im not so sure about my jetting. Im going to start a thread about posting your quad, year and mods to see what is the correct jetting.the site isnt as busy as it was during the good ole years 2004 thru 2015 is. But I asked my shop to write down all jets and needle position, they only wrote down main, pilot, and starter. No leak or clip position🤔. I wonder why!!
Ill have to go into the carb and check myself But not any time soon. Quad is running decent and im too lazy lol.
Anyways i can go on and on lol. Good luck with getting her going, keep us posted, hope you’re riding sooner rather than later.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just looked up the akrapovic exhaust and saw some videos, what a great exhaust. All titanium too. Expensive but so is this hobby (you get what you pay for)
The jetting on the 04/05 is much simpler than 06+. You shouldn’t have an issue. Me on the other hand im not so sure about my jetting. Im going to start a thread about posting your quad, year and mods to see what is the correct jetting.the site isnt as busy as it was during the good ole years 2004 thru 2015 is. But I asked my shop to write down all jets and needle position, they only wrote down main, pilot, and starter. No leak or clip position🤔. I wonder why!!
Ill have to go into the carb and check myself But not any time soon. Quad is running decent and im too lazy lol.
Anyways i can go on and on lol. Good luck with getting her going, keep us posted, hope you’re riding sooner rather than later.
Cheers buddy! 🍻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts