Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+2 a arm means 2 inches on each side? and a +2 axel means 2 inches on each side or 2 inches total? please explain nobody around here rides, or knows. so i have to learn things the hard way.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
+2 a arm means 2 inches on each side? and a +2 axel means 2 inches on each side or 2 inches total? please explain nobody around here rides, or knows. so i have to learn things the hard way.

What ever the number is divide it by 2 and thats per side.. +2 is 1" per side.. +3 is 1.5" per side. same for axle

·
Registered
919 Posts
not quite r450er....

a-arms....+2 means each arm is 2" wider, making your quad 4" wider than stock.

axles....that is right, wider axles are usually stated as overall length. so a +3 axle is 3" wider than stock. most aftermarket axles are adjustable from +1 to +3. some can go +4

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts

If you order a +2 a-arm its only +1 on both sides. Basically you get an overall two inches. Some companies may measure differently so be sure to check with them first.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

If you order a +2 a-arm its only +1 on both sides. Basically you get an overall two inches. Some companies may measure differently so be sure to check with them first.
[/b]
Yah as stated above about the +2 is 2 inches per side, Ive never heard that but I may be wrong, in the few years ive read about atvs its always been +2 is 1" per side, Im almost positive it was always that way unless they changed something recently.

And i gotta agree with all the above posts, Small numbers play big roles in these bikes, my friend went from stock tires to 19s all around and its absolutely insane how much better his bike handles due to the small drop in height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts