Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the new sportsman is going to be a great bike...Ive been a polaris fan for a long time..The new sportsman has a totally new suspenson, they have done away with the struts on the front end and gone with the upper and lower a-arm set up that should be better and easier to LIFT.. The engine is supposed to be putting down 70 horspower...Thats more than the Can-Am renegade...and a roller clutch on the secondary....Also supposed to be narrower across the tank and seat due to the engine running lengthways...Also supposed to have powersteering...I cant wait to take a look at one I love me some big bore 4x4

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Looks like the new sportsman is going to be a great bike...Ive been a polaris fan for a long time..The new sportsman has a totally new suspenson, they have done away with the struts on the front end and gone with the upper and lower a-arm set up that should be better and easier to LIFT.. The engine is supposed to be putting down 70 horspower...Thats more than the Can-Am renegade...and a roller clutch on the secondary....Also supposed to be narrower across the tank and seat due to the engine running lengthways...Also supposed to have powersteering...I cant wait to take a look at one I love me some big bore 4x4[/b]
Also the motor is a V-twin, or a "front and rear" twin. 2 fuel injectors also. This machine will be bad azz........the only drawback is the weight, about 75 lbs more than the Can Am.

·
Registered
65 Posts
May be 75lbs more, but I bet it will go further than a can-am in the mud

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the motor is a V-twin, or a "front and rear" twin. 2 fuel injectors also. This machine will be bad azz........the only drawback is the weight, about 75 lbs more than the Can Am.
[/quote]

actually its not a v-twin like quad magazine stated it is still a paralell twin but mounted sideways. They showed the engine on fishers ATV world today

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would love to have one....Why cant I be filthy rich lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
the 09 outlander 800R makes 69hp, they changed the cams and the mapping around. this coupled with the 13% less hp lost in the cvt system compared to the polaris, and the 75lb weight difference i bet things will be more on the outlanders side! ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree the 09 CanAm is still going to be the badder of the two beasts. I am impressed with the 09 line up for polaris they seemed to have really stepped up their game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts