Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I recently moved from boston to southern california and I'm eagerly anticpating the glamis season. :D Instead of borrowing bikes from my uncle as I've done on previous visits, I'm planning on buying my own bike. This site has been a big factor in my decision to get a trx450r.

Appearently LAcyclesports.com has 04's for $6099 out the door. It sounds like a great deal, but I wanted to run it by you and make sure it was. They also have 05's for $6899 OTD, but I hear the only difference is that you can get it in black (which I like, but I don't think is worth 800 bucks).

Thanks for the advice, and I look forward to participating on these boards in the coming months!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Welcome to the site man, that is a better price than I got on mine.

There has been a lot of Jeep guys in here lately, I've got a 99 wrangler.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I bought it last month from a friend for $1000 bucks (with 132,000mi on it) and drove it cross country (Boston/ LA 3700 miles) with no problems. I love it.

It's funny that I'm thinking of buying a quad that costs 6 times more than my car...

·
Registered
391 Posts
What are you waiting for? Go get it! That's a good price. Oh, by the way, I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee as well. LOL

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I live in Northen California and I got mine for $7100....So you see...your getting a good deal. GO GET THAT THING......Glamis is awesome!!!! I'm going there Feb 12th of 2005. See ya there!!!!! B)

Rico

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got mine a 04 for $6,498 otd here in san diego at motorworld it was on sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice! $6099 does seem to be a good deal. The next question is whether or not I can get financed-- I'll find that out tomorrow morning. I have enough income, but I just got out of college and thus have lots of student loan debt. Do you guys know how that affects your credit?

One last question. How much should I expect to pay for a set of paddle tires (+wheels)?

·
Registered
124 Posts
My Uncle and I did a lot of shopping around for 450r's in the SoCal area, and lacyclesports.com has the best price we could find. In fact, he recently bought a 450r for his grandson, and they got it a little cheaper from lacyclsports.com by paying the O.C. sales tax rate instead of L.A.'s. I don't know how that works, but that's what he did about a week ago (saved about $30). I really like the look of the black 450r, and had the green light from the wife to get it. But, I have a 300ex with some black plastic here and there on it, and it looks awful now. So I went with the red, and when the gas tank starts looking bad, maybe I'll get a graphics kit for it.

For paddles, my uncle and I just bought 20x10x8 8 paddle extreme haulers on red dot douglas rims for $258 at dycorp.com. Dycorp's in Anaheim, and had the best price we could find locally. We went with extreme's because we know a couple guys with Raptors that said their regular haulers had scoops fall off, and after putting on extremes, they've had no problems. I mean if a Raptor can rip a scoop off, you know a 450R will!

·
Registered
35 Posts
LAcycle usually has the best prices because they have low overhead. No dealer in Sd will match their prices right now because it's too close to Glamis season....woohoo

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by 95jeep04trx@Oct 5 2004, 11:57 PM
thanks for the advice! $6099 does seem to be a good deal. The next question is whether or not I can get financed-- I'll find that out tomorrow morning. I have enough income, but I just got out of college and thus have lots of student loan debt. Do you guys know how that affects your credit?

One last question. How much should I expect to pay for a set of paddle tires (+wheels)?
First, I would try to get them to throw the HRC kit in you'll want that kit!!!!!!. That would be a plus. As far as tires go for sand. Just for the back wheels and tires your looking at somewhere between $100 to $250. It just depends on what type of tires you get and how fancy you want your rims. I got low budget rims with sand sharks and I paid $400 for all four, rims and tires!! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Oct 6 2004, 09:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-95jeep04trx
@Oct 5 2004, 11:57 PM

First, I would try to get them to throw the HRC kit in you'll want that kit!!!!!!. That would be a plus. As far as tires go for sand. Just for the back wheels and tires your looking at somewhere between $100 to $250. It just depends on what type of tires you get and how fancy you want your rims. I got low budget rims with sand sharks and I paid $400 for all four, rims and tires!! :D [/b]
lacyclesports won't throw anything in for free, i tired to get stuff. they tell me they make as little money as is... I bought my bike there when the price went down to $6099 otd, it is the cheapest place i could find in all of L.A. Great price, okay service, and my bike has been just fine after 40 hours of use the past two months. The only thing i dislike about that lacyclesports is that all the 450r's are stored OUTSIDE under a crappy conopy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got mine at vegas motorsports honda fo 7100 otd limited edition so u better get that 05 black for only 6899.you whould have to be hi not to see that great deal

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I bought my 450r from lacyclesports.com, for 6059 (I was able to get fourty dollars of there otd price because I was allowed to pay orange country taxes instead of LA taxes).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my '05 at Apache Honda in Phoenix for $6161 otd. They originally shot me the price and went on to tell me that they are the only ones selling the 05 for the same price as the 04. I came back the next day to buy and they told me about 500 more for the Black since it was limited LOL! I got a little po'd and they quickly went with the previous days quote.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts