Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure RE offers a great job...i really do...but i read many times from morgan that its 500 for services of race or rec head etc...but nowhere in the post does it say your gonna pay x amount more for these larger valves to be installed etc....and i never knew a cam was considered part of a port job...same for dan...probably does a bang up portjob for 450 bucks...but im guessing if you have a 501 and want larger valves plus springs to handle a strong cam that thats all included for 450...some say plus parts...but rarely is it advetised online...its usually told over the phone...and in some cases unfortunately after the work is done...so i truelly hope people are not accusing one company of charging too much and paying to put food on a kids plate when it included large valves and springs when all the other builders would have charged the same if not more....

some preach one head fits all displacements...which i dont believe either...thats like saying one cam fits all motors....it might work on the broad range...but i still think there is an art to matching headwork to a motor just like all other components...but hey what do i know...im a yami guy LOL[/b]
I always appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts. Out of respect, I can't fully express myself in a reply.
The only thing I can tell you, boy would you feel stupid if you knew the whole story.

I will say this-not one company that I have been researching the past several days-NOT ONE!!!-
has said ANYTHING about anyone's children or their food.
[/b]
I NEVER SAID THE BUILDERS ACCUSED ANYONE OF FEEDING KIDS...but there have been some followers of a certain company...maybe two that have been saying that and i KNOW youve read those posts which are uncalled for on many levels...the people that have posted them now who they are...its a big joke to all of them...

knowpig i hope things go well for you in your quest for whatever level of power you want...from what ive read in this thread we are all way behind times because one of the builders is claiming 70+ everytime if you wanna spend the cash....thats impressive to me....or maybe they dont set their corrections properly...who knows
[/b]
Where does is say that I ever consider parts part of our porting? Do you realize how many times Ive been slapped on the hand for saying that our porting was 500 in public? Seems your "boys" have a problem with that. This was a thread were Jake had said that it was OK to post that info, so I did. Where does it say that parts are part of the 500? Anyone who has called me has gotten a play by play of what the price would be and what was incluced. You better hope that you are not calling any 450 or 500 dollar port job that comes out of our shop a bangup port job, because theres nothing that comes out of here thats a bangup deal. We take pride in what we do and have forked out BIG cash to have the best equipment in the business. DO NOT bring that negativity towards us. Theres not been one thread where RE was accused of such thing, or any bad feedback whatsoever.

If you are speaking of us with the 70+HP builds, then yes, we can supply 70+ for the money any day of the week. We've won races when it counted, we dont have anything to prove anymore. Our reputation reflects our work, and for that we are greatful. You need to realize that there are builders out there that take this WAY more serious than your builder and any rec person out there, we have to, thats the way we keep open an actual place of business.

And, next time if you are going to accuse or slander/libel, be a man and say it to who you mean, state names. Dont beat around the bush.

Happy Day Sir.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
QUOTE(JJONES660 @ Aug 9 2008, 11:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=541663
<div class='quotemain'>Im sure RE offers a great job...i really do...but i read many times from morgan that its 500 for services of race or rec head etc...but nowhere in the post does it say your gonna pay x amount more for these larger valves to be installed etc....and i never knew a cam was considered part of a port job...same for dan...probably does a bang up portjob for 450 bucks...but im guessing if you have a 501 and want larger valves plus springs to handle a strong cam that thats all included for 450...some say plus parts...but rarely is it advetised online...its usually told over the phone...and in some cases unfortunately after the work is done...so i truelly hope people are not accusing one company of charging too much and paying to put food on a kids plate when it included large valves and springs when all the other builders would have charged the same if not more....

some preach one head fits all displacements...which i dont believe either...thats like saying one cam fits all motors....it might work on the broad range...but i still think there is an art to matching headwork to a motor just like all other components...but hey what do i know...im a yami guy LOL[/b]
I always appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts. Out of respect, I can't fully express myself in a reply.
The only thing I can tell you, boy would you feel stupid if you knew the whole story.

I will say this-not one company that I have been researching the past several days-NOT ONE!!!-
[/b]
I NEVER SAID THE BUILDERS ACCUSED ANYONE OF FEEDING KIDS...but there have been some followers of a certain company...maybe two that have been saying that and i KNOW youve read those posts which are uncalled for on many levels...the people that have posted them now who they are...its a big joke to all of them...

knowpig i hope things go well for you in your quest for whatever level of power you want...from what ive read in this thread we are all way behind times because one of the builders is claiming 70+ everytime if you wanna spend the cash....thats impressive to me....or maybe they dont set their corrections properly...who knows
[/b][/quote]

Where does is say that I ever consider parts part of our porting? Do you realize how many times Ive been slapped on the hand for saying that our porting was 500 in public? Seems your "boys" have a problem with that. This was a thread were Jake had said that it was OK to post that info, so I did. Where does it say that parts are part of the 500? Anyone who has called me has gotten a play by play of what the price would be and what was incluced. You better hope that you are not calling any 450 or 500 dollar port job that comes out of our shop a bangup port job, because theres nothing that comes out of here thats a bangup deal. We take pride in what we do and have forked out BIG cash to have the best equipment in the business. DO NOT bring that negativity towards us. Theres not been one thread where RE was accused of such thing, or any bad feedback whatsoever.

If you are speaking of us with the 70+HP builds, then yes, we can supply 70+ for the money any day of the week. We've won races when it counted, we dont have anything to prove anymore. Our reputation reflects our work, and for that we are greatful. You need to realize that there are builders out there that take this WAY more serious than your builder and any rec person out there, we have to, thats the way we keep open an actual place of business.

And, next time if you are going to accuse or slander/libel, be a man and say it to who you mean, state names. Dont beat around the bush.

Happy Day Sir.
[/b][/quote]

your right if my intentions are to slander i should take advice from the pro's and start putting things in my sig etc....

this is all crap IMO...you miss my point and too much gets mixxed up between people selling producs and people supporting products....

ill just leave it alone...and ive heard stories about things but will just leave them be cuz fighting over the internet is just stupid...all there is too it...i hope one of yuor wicked builds shows up in our dunes one day so i can see what we are all missing out on...

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE(Knowpig @ Aug 10 2008, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=541691
<div class='quotemain'>
Im sure RE offers a great job...i really do...but i read many times from morgan that its 500 for services of race or rec head etc...but nowhere in the post does it say your gonna pay x amount more for these larger valves to be installed etc....and i never knew a cam was considered part of a port job...same for dan...probably does a bang up portjob for 450 bucks...but im guessing if you have a 501 and want larger valves plus springs to handle a strong cam that thats all included for 450...some say plus parts...but rarely is it advetised online...its usually told over the phone...and in some cases unfortunately after the work is done...so i truelly hope people are not accusing one company of charging too much and paying to put food on a kids plate when it included large valves and springs when all the other builders would have charged the same if not more....

[/b]

[/b]

Happy Day Sir.
[/b][/quote]

your right if my intentions are to slander i should take advice from the pro's and start putting things in my sig etc....

this is all crap IMO...you miss my point and too much gets mixxed up between people selling producs and people supporting products....

ill just leave it alone...and ive heard stories about things but will just leave them be cuz fighting over the internet is just stupid...all there is too it...i hope one of yuor wicked builds shows up in our dunes one day so i can see what we are all missing out on...
[/b][/quote]

Or you could just put your money where your mouth is and come to Glamis. Hell Chuck did, and I respect him now for showing up. Maybe you can ask him what happened. Two words Jason: Not Pretty.

But like you said, its not worth it online. Hopefully we can meet up someday.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
fighting over the internet is just stupid...all there is too it...[/b]
You say that allot Jones... and for someone who feels that way, you sure don't avoid it.

Anyways, so you've come and gone and had nothing to say about my post. Does it also have to do with the "fighting" that you think is stupid? Because if thats the case, let me assure you that I was trying to have a conversation.... not a fight.

Then again, silence speaks louder then words.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>Im sure RE offers a great job...i really do...but i read many times from morgan that its 500 for services of race or rec head etc...but nowhere in the post does it say your gonna pay x amount more for these larger valves to be installed etc....and i never knew a cam was considered part of a port job...same for dan...probably does a bang up portjob for 450 bucks...but im guessing if you have a 501 and want larger valves plus springs to handle a strong cam that thats all included for 450...some say plus parts...but rarely is it advetised online...its usually told over the phone...and in some cases unfortunately after the work is done...so i truelly hope people are not accusing one company of charging too much and paying to put food on a kids plate when it included large valves and springs when all the other builders would have charged the same if not more....

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Jones, I told myself I was not posting again in this thread and here I am.

But, why are you trying to make an example out of the "feeding the kids" comment that was made on another site? Was it out of line? Maybe to you.... and actually, not something I would say either.

But where do you draw the line??? Did you conveniently miss John's reply to Jesse's last thread before he hit the dyno again? Did you read where John brought Jesse's wife into his insult? Is that out of line? How about talking about peoples intelligence, grade point average, their parents and how about their sexual preferences? Are those things out of line?

Listen bro, I'm not posting to try to call you out or nothing. But in my mind, you are part of the reason that this stuff continues to happen on these boards. You and every other Venom supporter that tries to justify John’s actions with the aftermath that they cause. Do you think that the person you are talking about would say the things he does unless that line had already been crossed? Because I do not, and I also do not see those same type of comments made about ANYONE else but John. Do you think that’s a coincidence? And again, I'm not saying I would say those things. I feel it just brings you down to the level of the guy your insulting. But that’s me… and I have not been personally insulted by John. But do take insult to his bashing of others.

I really hope that I am not alienating myself from all of the Venom guys that I have made friends with on this site. I feel there are a lot of great people on both sides of the fence. And I have received more tech help from Venom supporters such as Gary, Greg, Gabe, Zips and a few others then I have received from any other group of guys. And I always enjoy seeing members builds... like tersejr, NHRA and others... including yourself. I truly do appreciate the help and the things I've learned from all these guys. But I refuse to be blinded by all of the great customers that John has had over the years. You see, even all of these good guys can't make up for the one bad guy. It’s just not going to happen.

It's crazy to think that one man has divided so many people... and has been allowed to do so. But it is what it is. In my opinion, you should spend more time trying to help John change his ways then trying to call out all of the people that hate him. The internet is a very powerful tool that reaches out to an unlimited audience and I think many underestimate its power. John included.

The way I look at, John will either continue down his path of self destruction or will realize that he needs to change his ways. And trust me... if he decides to continue down his usual path, there will be an endless number of people ready to take him on. Far too many for you or anyone else to fight off.
[/b][/quote]

again very well put, and i completely agree with everything you said maybe this post will open ppls eyes, because honestly it made me think

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
You say that allot Jones... and for someone who feels that way, you sure don't avoid it.

Anyways, so you've come and gone and had nothing to say about my post. Does it also have to do with the "fighting" that you think is stupid? Because if thats the case, let me assure you that I was trying to have a conversation.... not a fight.

[/b]
if you must have a response out of me i will give you the short version...im not here trying to defend any of johnnyboys actions of the past etc...i got involved with this thread over the discussion of motor related stuff...and it turned ugly of course because many cant discuss motor related possibilities on how to fix something...it always goes in the direction of blaming the one person...then if i get too deep into it im the bad guy...its a bummer but if you go read my first number of posts it had nothing to do with venom at all in this thread..but after 19 pages and cheap shots some things begin to appear personal and here we are...

what do you want me to say i guess??? i just hope to see knowpig gets what he wants some day....i offer up any of my own experiences....they are of course ignored...as welll as the many others because these threads usually only end up one way....

my guess is that knowpig will end up with another builders head...will have spend alot more money for that other head...will end up with a carb and nother cam or something...he will come back with 4-6 more horse or something in a few months and the finger pointing will start all over again ... just my predictions...

and yeah...whether i land in the middle of crapstorms or not i stil think fighting online is dumb....theres a lot of things i think are dumb....but still find myself doing them...thats just life...thanks for watching out to keep me in check though :thumbsup:

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts

[/b]
if you must have a response out of me i will give you the short version...im not here trying to defend any of johnnyboys actions of the past etc...i got involved with this thread over the discussion of motor related stuff...and it turned ugly of course because many cant discuss motor related possibilities on how to fix something...it always goes in the direction of blaming the one person...then if i get too deep into it im the bad guy...its a bummer but if you go read my first number of posts it had nothing to do with venom at all in this thread..but after 19 pages and cheap shots some things begin to appear personal and here we are...
[/b]
I guess I did force a response… but only out of curiosity. The bottom line to what you said above is in your last sentence.

“but after 19 pages and cheap shots some things begin to appear personal and here we are...”

I guess the problem I see is that you think things appear to be personal. Well, this should not come as a news flash… but they are personal. And to some, much more personal then to others. Reasons of that could be found in my original reply to you.

what do you want me to say i guess??? i just hope to see knowpig gets what he wants some day....i offer up any of my own experiences....they are of course ignored...as welll as the many others because these threads usually only end up one way....[/b]
To be honest, I’m not sure what I wanted you to say. And I do see that you tried to help before things went bad in this thread. I guess I just don’t think you take into consideration all of the history that you are well aware of. And why there is so much negativity in these threads.

And if you truly want to help, then speak up when John crosses the line. Let him know that not even his customers and supporters will accept his conduct when it becomes personal. Maybe then he will realize that there are repercussions to his actions. And stop trying to defend them. You may think you do not but that’s not how you come across. At least to me.

my guess is that knowpig will end up with another builders head...will have spend alot more money for that other head...will end up with a carb and nother cam or something...he will come back with 4-6 more horse or something in a few months and the finger pointing will start all over again ... just my predictions...[/b]
Maybe… maybe not. But he did say that he would be testing just a head swap. And if he decides to spend his money to do so, and shares the info… great for all of us. If not, I don’t blame him. I just hope he gets what he is after and enjoys ripping around on his R again.

and yeah...whether i land in the middle of crapstorms or not i stil think fighting online is dumb....theres a lot of things i think are dumb....but still find myself doing them...thats just life...thanks for watching out to keep me in check though :thumbsup:[/b]
Well, the brand that you support comes with allot of drama. I wish I had been given some sort of disclaimer before using it myself but hind sight is 20/20.

And I do appreciate you responding to my post.

Have a good evening.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Well, the brand that you support comes with allot of drama. I wish I had been given some sort of disclaimer before using it myself but hind sight is 20/20.

Have a good evening.[/b]

man do i ever agree with that like when i installed my head i had to read and sign a disclaimer and accept the toolbar and shortcuts on my desktop lol

it has got me into some arguements and i know i drug myself into them but when talking about venom they are talking crap about my 450r, so im not defending john himself , i defend MY 450r til death no matter whose head is on it which just so happens to be a venom one

but hey those arguements has gave me a very nice post count, did i mention im #4 on the list now?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
QUOTE(JJONES660 @ Aug 10 2008, 03:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=541820
<div class='quotemain'>fighting over the internet is just stupid...all there is too it...[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I guess I did force a response… but only out of curiosity. The bottom line to what you said above is in your last sentence.

“but after 19 pages and cheap shots some things begin to appear personal and here we are...”

I guess the problem I see is that you think things appear to be personal. Well, this should not come as a news flash… but they are personal. And to some, much more personal then to others. Reasons of that could be found in my original reply to you.

what do you want me to say i guess??? i just hope to see knowpig gets what he wants some day....i offer up any of my own experiences....they are of course ignored...as welll as the many others because these threads usually only end up one way....[/b]
To be honest, I’m not sure what I wanted you to say. And I do see that you tried to help before things went bad in this thread. I guess I just don’t think you take into consideration all of the history that you are well aware of. And why there is so much negativity in these threads.

And if you truly want to help, then speak up when John crosses the line. Let him know that not even his customers and supporters will accept his conduct when it becomes personal. Maybe then he will realize that there are repercussions to his actions. And stop trying to defend them. You may think you do not but that’s not how you come across. At least to me.

my guess is that knowpig will end up with another builders head...will have spend alot more money for that other head...will end up with a carb and nother cam or something...he will come back with 4-6 more horse or something in a few months and the finger pointing will start all over again ... just my predictions...[/b]
Maybe… maybe not. But he did say that he would be testing just a head swap. And if he decides to spend his money to do so, and shares the info… great for all of us. If not, I don’t blame him. I just hope he gets what he is after and enjoys ripping around on his R again.

and yeah...whether i land in the middle of crapstorms or not i stil think fighting online is dumb....theres a lot of things i think are dumb....but still find myself doing them...thats just life...thanks for watching out to keep me in check though :thumbsup:[/b]

Have a good evening.
[/b][/quote]
I have spoke to john many times on the phone over the years...he knows how i feel about him ripping people but thats his own choice on how he wants to act....he is very passionate about his perception of the boards and we dont all see eye to eye and i think he is to harsh myself...but ive learned alot from the man too...what are you to do???

move on i guess...but his head he did for me will still remain firmly planted on my bike whether its fast or not LOL

have a good nite guys...

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
move on i guess...but his head he did for me will still remain firmly planted on my bike whether its fast or not LOL[/b]

same here, hes been great to me and my head has proven itself over and over again

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

[/b]

[/b]

you say one thing and then admit to the world that you didn't?

man I hope this thread stays alive.......good stuff!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
move on i guess...but his head he did for me will still remain firmly planted on my bike whether its fast or not LOL[/b]

same here, hes been great to me and my head has proven itself over and over again
[/b]
wasn't Hitler admired by some also? and then what happened? lol.

hey rick, no bashing, how well did that venom head improve your ride?
be honest.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

you say one thing and then admit to the world that you didn't?

man I hope this thread stays alive.......good stuff!!
[/b][/quote]
followers...not the builders...i dont know why i keep openng this thread LOL...guess im bored and need a new hobby

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
jones you love all the drama.......that comes with Venom.[/b]
you or any of your buddies should be one to speak...seeing as you guys add the gas to the fire on over half the drama we se on this and the other site...

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
jones you love all the drama.......that comes with Venom.[/b]
you or any of your buddies should be one to speak...seeing as you guys add the gas to the fire on over half the drama we se on this and the other site...
[/b]
Please refer to page 14 post #207

And if I may quote myself....

And as far as I know… there’s no statue of limitation for payback. It could last a long time and could be a bizniggle.[/b]

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I tell you what I've followed this for a while now and it has turned to junk. Getting back on track, Knowpig is down on power according to his expectations. If it were me and it were my bike I would get a hold of a new carb, pipe, and check the cam timing and re-run that SOB. If the power comes close leave it alone. If it falls short try another head and see if that does it.
Flowing the head on the bike and seeing if it will support 60hp is another intelligent move. When it comes down to it, "something should be LEARNED from all this". 60hp is a tough mark to hit. It can be done for sure, but knowing what it really takes to do so is more important than talking about
BULLS#!$..[/b]
this is why i have much respect for Geoff...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I tell you what I've followed this for a while now and it has turned to junk. Getting back on track, Knowpig is down on power according to his expectations. If it were me and it were my bike I would get a hold of a new carb, pipe, and check the cam timing and re-run that SOB. If the power comes close leave it alone. If it falls short try another head and see if that does it.
Flowing the head on the bike and seeing if it will support 60hp is another intelligent move. When it comes down to it, "something should be LEARNED from all this". 60hp is a tough mark to hit. It can be done for sure, but knowing what it really takes to do so is more important than talking about
BULLS#!$..[/b]
this is why i have much respect for Geoff...
[/b]
It's easy to be nice when you are at the top of the food chain.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts