Honda TRX 450R banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
170 Posts
I’m not gonna be doing holeshots and slamming gears. Just hard pulls while rolling. Is there stronger gears to buy or do you back cut the dogs? What are my options for the trans
I sent my transmission gears to a cryo-lab in California. For a little under $200 including shipping, they said they increased the overall structural integrity by 20-25%

·
Truck Yea
5,943 Posts
I’ve had a reputable shop tell me that you will NEVER make more than 60 HP with an FCR. . . . .
very possible. my friend had a 500 whatever stroker with everything done up and made like 65hp. but every dyno is different.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
465 Posts
Yes like CJM said suspension is important after all that modification and power upgrade. Stock shocks are probably the worst on the Hondas, they definitely cheaped out. I have elka legacy series (stage 5 rear & stage 3 front) with hrc kit air box and full exhaust mods and my riding skills went up a notch or two because of those shocks alone, trust me put shocks in your budget, makes a huge difference in riding super fast around corners whoops, everything. Good luck pal

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
465 Posts
I sent my transmission gears to a cryo-lab in California. For a little under $200 including shipping, they said they increased the overall structural integrity by 20-25%
Jeremy I know this post is a little old. But how did they increase the integrity? Cryo-lab? Does that mean they did some kind of a freeze process to the parts? I ask because it sounds like something I may look into.

·
Registered
465 Posts
What do you mean Is there any negative effects on back cutting the transmission? What’s back cutting?
And did you see my last question? Sent to cryo lab to increase integrity of parts?? Is that some kind of freezing process to Strengthen steel parts?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts