13.5:1 100mm cp
Ported head by racers edge +1 exhaust
Hotcam stage 2
Carillo rod
Stock stroke
Stock carburetor
Fuel customs intake
Full dasa shorty

what should I expect to make? I also don’t know what kinda port I want racer’s edge to considering this is my first build on a 4 wheeler

·
Registered
527 Posts
If I had to throw a guess out there I would say you might be in the low to maybee mid 50's of HP with the Stage 2 Cam.

What kind of Riding are you looking to do?
Are you looking for some reliability?
Or you just looking to have some gnarly power at the dunes to show up other people?

If you would like you can also call RE and ask to Talk to me (Ryan W) I can talk to you more about your build and see what you would like to do and I can kind of power you may get.

·
Registered
2013 TRX450ER SE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trail riding and straight line stuff (roads, open fields) definitely looking for some reliability, Since this is a single compression ring piston I’m expecting to do rings once a year depending on how much I ride. This is also my first quad and I’m honestly not that hard on if. It didn’t even needed to be torn down but I figure I dig into it this winter and all the bearings besides one transmission bearing is perfect, I’m still gonna change them all out (oem Honda) I’m religious on oil changes (amsoil 10w40 atv/utv) letting it warm up before I ride etc. I’m aiming for 60hp. I will most likely give you a call tomorrow, thank you for that.

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
dump the stage 2, when i had the 490 i had the stage 2 and it really wasnt allowing the engine to rev out. popped a stage 3 in there and it was a world of difference

·
Registered
2013 TRX450ER SE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dump the stage 2, when i had the 490 i had the stage 2 and it really wasnt allowing the engine to rev out. popped a stage 3 in there and it was a world of difference
I spoke with Ryan on the phone and he was a wealth of knowledge. Soon as I get the money together I will send him the cylinder head for some of that racer’s edge magic. Im gonna get ahold of Rocky Mountain atv and hopefully send this brand new hot cam 2 back in exchange for a stage 3 unless I want a webcam… not too sure yet. Probably gonna stick with the hot cam 3 to save costs

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,783 Posts
I like the WebCams. Yes they are more money, but they have great customer service, are a great company, and they have a lot more cam profiles to really dial in where you want the power. And some of their cams are just bonkers lol.

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
I like the WebCams. Yes they are more money, but they have great customer service, are a great company, and they have a lot more cam profiles to really dial in where you want the power. And some of their cams are just bonkers lol.
thats what i went to when the stage 3 wasnt avail last year. i like it to and its very nice. but it aint cheap lol.

·
Registered
07 Trx450er sbss, ocp port / bored fcr, Vision v3, hc stage 3, cp piston
5 Posts
Throw the stage 3 in and with all those mods 60 hp + for sure you just need to bore the carburetor for sure with the port maybe to about 43.5 mm. Also if you haven't bought the fuel customs intake yet I would go with the Vision air V3, the best intake out there for trx.

·
Registered
2013 TRX450ER SE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carb bore to 42.5
Webcam 242
+1 SS exhaust
+2 Ti intake
Kibble white springs
“Drag style” port and valve job
CP 13.5:1 100mm
Carillo rod stock length
It’s going to be over 60 I think
Crankshaft is at crankworks and the head is at racer’s edge

·
Registered
07 Trx450er sbss, ocp port / bored fcr, Vision v3, hc stage 3, cp piston
5 Posts
Youll be over 60 for sure man in my opinion. Youre gonna beat a lot bikes, I beat alot bikes in glamis up the hill. Mines built by Jeff at ocp and its a sbss that should make 60. What paddles you going to run. I wanna throw in a new cam, 490 13:5 kit and a new exhaust setup maybe monster or RP open meg and then see what it makes.

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
you will have plenty of power. the suspension if still stock is what will be lacking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts