Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 04450@Jun 8 2004, 11:54 AM
does anybody know what the stock revlimiter is set at?
not to sure, I do know on a dyno, power drops off around 8600. So I doubt its much more then that. Maybe around 9k

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have some places that it is set to 9200. I have read other places that it is set to 9800. What ever it is, its under 10,000.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I haven't checked it myself but Lazarus at GT Thunder told me after running them both on the dyno that the actual limit for the 450R was approx 10,100 and the YFZ limited at approx 10,600

I believe the "official" rev limit specification is what Rico said in the post above.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r+Jun 11 2004, 05:03 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-86atc250r
@Jun 8 2004, 02:59 PM
I haven't checked it myself but Lazarus at GT Thunder told me after running them both on the dyno that the actual limit for the 450R was approx 10,100 and the YFZ limited at approx 10,600

I believe the "official" rev limit specification is what Rico said in the post above.
FWIW, a stock TRX won't even get to 10K ... It's about 9400 to 9600 give or take ... A rev box should let it rev pretty close to CRF range ... Mid 10's or so ... With HRC kit and full pipe, the stock rev limiter cuts the power right in the crest of the PB ... It's still making close to peak numbers when it cuts ...

~ [/b]
can you prove that. I know all the dyno's I have seen, horsepower, and torgue both drop to nothing, after 8600 rpm's, and thats also where the engine goes into a double spark condition. And if the rev limiter is set at 9800, your waisting a whole lot of time trying to reach the rev limiter. I have never hit the rev limiter becasue I shift way before then. this bike does not like to rev out in stock form. maybe that will change with a different CDI, but stock it falls on its face at 8600 rpms. and I can prove that....thanks.

Sorry need to add something here: I just noticed you said it revs out like that with HRC stuff installed. I guess that makes a pretty big difference on the way this bike pulls at the mid to top. Does it pull all the way through like that with the HRC cam....if so, then what you said makes since...I was talking with a stock cam, it falls on its face at 8600 rpms..

·
Registered
497 Posts
I know with the few mods that I have, it pulls right through to the REV limiter!!! I never hit the rev limiter utill i put the pipe on!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by joe1l@Jun 11 2004, 01:57 PM
I know with the few mods that I have, it pulls right through to the REV limiter!!!  I never hit the rev limiter utill i put the pipe on!
and Im just running the stock pipe with HRC end cap...I still dont hit the rev limiter...I think I need a new pipe.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
If I get a chance tomorrow (Saturday) - I'll measure mine myself --- I'm fairly confident it will spin more than 9400-9600 as my 400EX will spin 9200 & the 450R revs much higher than my 400EX....

Looking at those charts it shows the YZ250F only spinning 12,000 --- they actually rev limit at 13,500.

Their CRF450R dyno shows 10,000 - According to Honda, the CRF limits at 11,200

Not sure you can use their dyno sheets as a good real world reference to a bike's revlimit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts