Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a friend of mine on a stock raptor today and he out ran me on top end whats up with that i have the 13 tooh sprocket but i didnt think it slowed me down that much on top end. But for a dead stop until the rev limiter cuts mine out in 5th gear i am out it front by a long ways but on top end he creeps on by me i guess i need to put the other sprocket back on so i can give him a little treatmeant.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
well the 13-tooth sproket as you know takes away some of that top speed .And most rapturds will eventually catch up because of the big amount of cc's. If I were you put that sprocket back on and get an hrc kit then you will most likely beat him B) .

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
with hrc and 13t front procket i can pull about 1-2mph on a raptor with just FMF slip-on. same as a yfz with cam-mod filter and baffle taken out of exhuast.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i just raced two raptors this weekend one was stock and the other was piped and jetted the one with pipe and jet was a tough match in a drag i could beat him by maybe 1 fourwheeler length then he would catch up to me mine would keep hitting the revlimiter in 5th but he could not pass me we were dead even on top speed side by side i am using the 13th sprocket also and the bill ballance full system does anyone know a way i can stay off my rev limiter i hit it way to much with this setup.i'm afraid if i go back to stock sprocket mine wont be as fast in a drag race meaning he might beat me through the gears what do you think.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
u need to go back to the 14 tooth & you will dust him....your pipe will help you take off faster then beofre so your 13 tooth isnt really necessary anymore like it prob. was for you with stock exhaust...good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts