Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a benifit ride yesterday and their were two banshees their one with pro circuit pipes, boysen reeds, no air box lid, edelbroke carbs. The other had all of that and was bored 40 over. Well we rode all day and got back to the truck and their was a long flat feild their and they wanted to race so i did i figured they were going to out run me really bad but no it was just the oppisite the honda out in front every time by about 2 bike lengths the feild was long enough to get into 5th gear just a little bit. Now i thaught that was pretty impressive becasue all i have done to mine is the 13th fron and removed the baffel beat the inside of the pipe out with a rod, and i put a regular set of razors on it three days ago. The guys on the banshee one of them had the same tires as me bran new, the other had itp holeshots. He said he had never been out run by a 450 before he said he had raced a few yfz's and they nothing compared to the honda. He wanted to go out on the tar road and race becasue he said the the banshee had to much power to race in the dirt or grass but i dont think that had anything to do with it

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
actually it has a little to do with it. they spin quite a bit, although i raced a banshee sorta like that with pro circuit pipes,cool head,lower gearing (but with taller tires
) and ran on 112 and i was even or a little ahead through the gears and then it would slowly pass me. we raced on pavement and switched too. it was about a 1/4 mile and sometimes he couldnt even pass me in time. on a tar and chip road the banshee would prolly still spin

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
a lot of people think banshees are the fastes thing ever. they are the best base for a drag quad ever made, but thats all they are is the base. the owner has to add the rest. all of my buddies have banshees and i can keep up with them on pavement. put us on the fresh cut sod farm and i will leave them like a bad hooker. i can literally pull 8 bike lengths by 3rd gear. and the strip is just perfect for me bacause they will pull on me real hard on top end with my 13t front and there 15t front, but right as they start to catch me we have to shut them down because the grass starts up ahead and we cant ride on the grass. they got so pissed the first time we raced and i just walked away from them off the line. and they have t5's, milled heads, timing plate at 5degrees advanced, double base gaskets
( dont know why cause they lose compression with that ), and a tor's kit( no rev limiter).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by spoRtRax450R@Sep 26 2004, 12:13 PM
actually it has a little to do with it. they spin quite a bit, although i raced a banshee sorta like that with pro circuit pipes,cool head,lower gearing (but with taller tires
) and ran on 112 and i was even or a little ahead through the gears and then it would slowly pass me. we raced on pavement and switched too. it was about a 1/4 mile and sometimes he couldnt even pass me in time. on a tar and chip road the banshee would prolly still spin
A good drag racer would keep the tires gripping instead of just nailing it and letting the bike do what it does. The banshee could be faster, but if it had the same tires, and a rider of comparable weight, and the guy is just nailing it and hugging the gas tank, you'd never know if it was faster. Even in drag racing the rider is more important than the quad.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i raced a banshee with fmf pipes jet kit and more. it was on a long gravel road. we both had holshot xc tires. i was running the 14t and he had stock gearing. i was so surprised i beat him. he even started before me and i caught up and past him. i even had a higher top speed then him. he wants to get rid of the banshee now.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
thesb i hope ur not talking about me in specific. we raced on PAVEMENT so it was hooking up not "doing what it wants". its just set up wrong

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts