Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Trx450er
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased an 07 honda trx450er. everything seems okay but when i start it up put it in first after it warming up, i cant slowly let go of the clutch without having to gun it and let go at the same time. if i dont and go slow it will just stall. if anyone could have an idea of what that could be very much appreciated.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,882 Posts
Does the clutch feel “grabby” or “notchy”? I would first look at your clutch basket, if it is very worn and has deep grooves in it it will make it hard to gradually apply the clutch and you will need to replace the basket.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey please don't think I am being a A$$hole by any means but I see this so often. Please proof read before posting, It just makes it hard for us to help you when we have to re read it many times to try and understand what exactly you're saying. It's like going to a Doctor and speaking Gibberish... either they might think you just had a stroke or you are just having a mental problem, now you got locked up in the rubber room rather then being treated for a stroke lol...

Anyways!

(From what I can gather of what you're trying to say)

It could be your clutch is just grabby and is not allowing you to be able to "slip" the clutch out to get going and making the quad jumpy like the clutch is acting more like a "On or Off" switch rather then "Slipping" llike it should be.

The Fix

If this is the case then yes you will need to Replace the inner and outer Clutch basket and replace the Clutch plates. You would be looking at roughly $320.00 or so for the inner/outer baskets (Inner Clutch hub & Outer basket as it's technicully called.)

Depending on how bad the grooving is you can get away with Filing the outer basket (Carfully!) and install a cheap set of clutch plates and frictions... Yes I get it, it's not proper but will get you by for a while till you can afford new baskets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts