Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by steelerfan@Oct 5 2004, 09:07 AM
Likes/Dislikes of your bikes?

Dislikes: the price, dont have the money to upgrade

·
Registered
350 Posts
Front shocks are a little stiff. Handles great, Good power, great brakes and real comfertible(sp?) If you ride real slow tight trails the stock gearing is a little tall. A 13t front sprocket is just the ticket.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
that it doesnt turn as sharp as my brothers 250R but other than that i like everything else

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes Everyone that rides it say's how stiff the whole bike is. I weight over 200#'s and like a stiff suspension and I think it is pretty rough. Over jumps on the track if feels great. On the trail I think it's a little stiff.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by trx450Rrider@Oct 5 2004, 01:47 PM
that it doesnt turn as sharp as my brothers 250R but other than that i like everything else
Cut the stops back on the steering stem just a little bit, that will give you more turning radius. B)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Remlapr, I wish that you lived right down the street from me so I could help you get your quad starting right, are you kicking it like its a 2 stroke by any chance? I always start mine seated and it starts on the 1st kick probably somewhere between 97 to 99% of the time.

Also it starts easier in neutral, also check to make sure your air filter is clean.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720+Oct 5 2004, 11:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-trx450Rrider
@Oct 5 2004, 01:47 PM
Cut the stops back on the steering stem just a little bit, that will give you more turning radius. B)[/b]
Can you cut the really mess with the steering stem without destroying it?? :huh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Oct 5 2004, 01:53 PM
Remlapr, I wish that you lived right down the street from me so I could help you get your quad starting right, are you kicking it like its a 2 stroke by any chance? I always start mine seated and it starts on the 1st kick probably somewhere between 97 to 99% of the time.

Also it starts easier in neutral, also check to make sure your air filter is clean.
I've got it down pretty good now, but being stuck in a creek with the front tires on a rock about 2ft higher then the rear and trying to kick that mofo just sucks. It won't be so bad once I get the rekluse installed I guess - at least then it will only stop when I want it to...

·
Registered
733 Posts
i don't like the rear suspension in stock form, but what a really can't stand is all of the plastics... fenders bolted to shrouds bolted to the gas tank and frame with a snap-on hood.
just give me a freaking single front piece! :wacko:

everything else is great. B)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg@Oct 5 2004, 04:46 PM
i don't like the rear suspension in stock form, but what a really can't stand is all of the plastics... fenders bolted to shrouds bolted to the gas tank and frame with a snap-on hood.
just give me a freaking single front piece! :wacko:

everything else is great. B)
I love it. It only takes me a little while to get the plastics off. Nothing much. It's alot easier to get the plastics off my R then my old blaster. I love how the power pulls all the way through evenly. One thing I don't like is the gas tank and how it scratches. Plus you have to drain and do a few thing so put on a graphics kit because the fumes from the tank make the kit bubble. For stock trail riding it is geared to high but if you add a few bolt ons it is a great quad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
like everything i make fun of my dad with his raptor and my mom and my brother they all have raptors i'm the only one out of our family with common sense. Mostly i like the easyness of the bike becase my rips his rator apart to work on it and i just stand there when he complains about iit i say "because it's a yamaha" and he just keeps going.

disliike-location of trans oil drain plug but alot of bikes have that problem.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I am wondering what reasons do you guys have for removing all the plastics? I take the gas tank and the hood off to work on stuff but thats about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rear end sucks in stock form IMO.
The tranny drain plug sucks when ya have pro peg nerf's.

Thats it for me Oh and the graphics came of really easy while washing but thats ok with me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What are you guys doing to fix the rear shock problem? Is the rear shock useable at all?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by Danny G@Oct 6 2004, 03:49 PM
What are you guys doing to fix the rear shock problem? Is the rear shock useable at all?
You can get a new linkage and revalve of the rear shock from GT Thunder for only $250. It's suppose to work pretty good for the price...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts