Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some parts for my 450r & thought it would be easier to find them used on ebay from a 400ex...I need to know if the caliper & the front disk brake rotors are the same

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i think the rotors can be used

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the 400ex rotor DOES work but my rotor still looks bent & the hub wobbles & the brake rotor rubs the pads when I turn the hub. my spindle doesnt look bent & neither does my hub but how do you see if you have a bent hub?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Doesnt the calipe bolt up to the hub?? You may also have a bearing race that is bent or something similar. I am having a hard time picturing the front end in my head but those are some ideas to look for.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now that I look at my bearings one seems to be a little cockes then the other but the hub till goes onto the caliper fine...so i may need new bearings for my hub? would the bearings bend before the hub would?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok..so i switchted the hubs with the rotors onto the other sides & the one that has the messed up bearing inside woblles on the other side...the side that is fine is also fine when switched onto the other spindle & spins freely...so now what Im doing is buying a pair of the front 400ex hubs for $45 shipped with bearings...they are that stock red color so they should look cool through the rim. will these work?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
they should
. I dont think honda changed that on the 450. tell us if it works!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the rotor thickness is different but they do mount up & work fine./...the 400ex rotors seem to be a hair thinner...my 400ex hubs are gonna be trick...i have one stock 450r hub now for sale I guess now on ebay when I get these in

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I'm glad it worked out for you, have fun riding again!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it wasnt the rotor that was bent b/c when I spin the hub it still makes the rotor wobble....I think it may have somethign to do with the bearings inside that front hub b/c when I took the other HUB & rotor from the left side it fit on fine & didnt wobble...it definately has something to do with the hub...i think im gonan go ahead & buy the 400ex hubs which are red & have bearings in them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts