Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Currently working on my 00' 400ex and I would like to know if anybody recognize this CDI and can confirm if it is a Big Gun CDI or just a sticker on the OEM one, since it is placed in an angle and I am quite unsure since it doesn't look like the pictures I find on google. If it is aftermarket, I will switch to an OEM one on my other machine.

Thank you.

·
Truck Yea
5,623 Posts
most of the aftermarket CDI boxes are CRF250 boxes. In reality on a 400 or 450 they dont do much

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most of the aftermarket CDI boxes are CRF250 boxes. In reality on a 400 or 450 they dont do much
That's pretty much why I want to switch back to OEM if it's an aftermarket one, always heard it wasn't worth the money.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had a XR250R CDI Box on my 400EX and it sucked. Really made no difference on power. It however liked to pre detonate while cranking it and was really bad for my starter and one way bearing because the timing was way to far advanced the 400EX. I don't care for "Rev Boxes" To be honest. I had a Dynatech in my 05 TRX450R and I noticed I gained a lot of power and smoother throttle response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts