Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the Maxxis Razors and would like to know everyone's opinion on 4 or 6 ply tires. I do some trail riding and play around at a local track (nothing serious) and can't decide which way to go. How much heavier are the 6 ply tires? How do they both compare weight wise to my stock Dunlops (07 TRX 450ER)?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
rzrs are pretty heavy compared to the dunlops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking into the Maxxis Razors and would like to know everyone's opinion on 4 or 6 ply tires. I do some trail riding and play around at a local track (nothing serious) and can't decide which way to go. How much heavier are the 6 ply tires? How do they both compare weight wise to my stock Dunlops (07 TRX 450ER)?[/b]
I have the razor II's. I love them, but they are very heavey. They probably added a good 35 lbs or more. I have 6ply, go with the 4ply. Its more than enough. Best tires I have ever ran. Let me know what you think if you get them.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
razr2 i believe are 16 lbs each for the rear and 12 for the front. and the holeshots weigh 17lbs a rear tire. not sure on fronts. its on their site tho.

but i had the razr2 rer 6 ply 22"

they were good until u got them halfway worn, then they just plain sucked. i got me some holeshots now on the rear and i like them a lot better. and they hook up real good for the kind of riding i do in the desert. its real hardpack or lose rocks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm looking into the Maxxis Razors and would like to know everyone's opinion on 4 or 6 ply tires. I do some trail riding and play around at a local track (nothing serious) and can't decide which way to go. How much heavier are the 6 ply tires? How do they both compare weight wise to my stock Dunlops (07 TRX 450ER)?[/b]

go with the 6ply.. weight dont do nothing.. 6ply will last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts