Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a 300? Mine is a 93 that is bone stock for now. I just am rebuilding the top end. I also plan to do the 350x swingarm conversion and possibly the raptor rear shock and 400ex front end. So if you know anyone that has the rappy rear shock (has to be '01 w/ remote rezzy) or the 400ex front end for sale dirt cheap, let me know.

For now these are the only pictures i have of my quad.

My chain came loose and busted my case, here it is sitting after trying to jb weld it.

Jonesy

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Mar 17 2004, 12:03 AM
i have a 300ex, and i absolutly hate it.  it was ok for the first month i was riding, but after that i have out grown it.  i started riding my friends back up 400ex, and as soon as school is out, im getting a 450r, wewt.
I agree that it is underpowered...but I dont think it is a terrible quad! I will be trading mine in in June for a FoFittyR :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I gotta 300ex and its a wheelie king! Has enough power to keep up with a warrior that has somewhere around 70 cc's more than it. Mine has cleared a 45 ft tabletop just fine, i still love er' even with my 450r.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Apr 13 2004, 02:41 PM
warriors are pathetic, lol. keeping up with one is not anything special.
Your saying that a 281cc quad keeping up with a 349 cc quad isnt anything special, i think its pretty damn good.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hondaracer305+Apr 17 2004, 08:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteZee
@Apr 13 2004, 02:41 PM
warriors are pathetic, lol. keeping up with one is not anything special.
Your saying that a 281cc quad keeping up with a 349 cc quad isnt anything special, i think its pretty damn good. [/b]
The 300 uses old school technology, but the warrior uses stoneage technology. The warrior motor provides a lot of lowend grunt but doensn't rev fast, whereas the 300 revs fairly fast and still has plenty of power, it is the 6th gear on the warrior that makes it faster overall. The 300's also handle 10 times better than any warrior. I ride with a warrior, 400ex, kfx400, and a blaster, and thru the woods i can stay right on the tails of the 400's, the warrior and blaster are further back b/c of their handling.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey dont diss a warrior my buds got one and that thing has rolled, smacked into god knows haw many trees, other quads,rocks, multiple tires burned off and all on the same oil for about 2 years that thing is a beast
takes a beating a keeps running strong
and i mean a beating 4 kids 150 - 250 each taking turns smoking the tires and just pounding the piss out of that thing for like 4 hours straight
only thing that ever broke was the clutch cable

we even sunk it in a puddle that was alot deeper than we thought like 6 feet and just pulled it out and started right back up

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Apr 18 2004, 10:06 PM
hey dont diss a warrior my buds got one and that thing has rolled, smacked into god knows haw many trees, other quads,rocks, multiple tires burned off and all on the same oil for about 2 years that thing is a beast
takes a beating a keeps running strong
and i mean a beating 4 kids 150 - 250 each taking turns smoking the tires and just pounding the piss out of that thing for like 4 hours straight
only thing that ever broke was the clutch cable

we even sunk it in a puddle that was alot deeper than we thought like 6 feet and just pulled it out and started right back up
I ain't dissing how reliable and rock solid the warriors are. I am just saying that the technology is really old school, which is extremely bulletproof. The warrior just needs to be updated inorder to run with some of the newer quads. My buddy with his warrior has dead centered at least 3 trees, rolled down numerous hills, and like your buddy, beat the piss out of that thing, and it refuses to die.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I have a 88 250x. Its the same thing as the 300ex minus electric start. I think that they are some of the best trail quads ever made. I let my buddies ride it if they don't have a quad to use. It still starts on the 1st kick!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by lukester720@Apr 19 2004, 06:07 AM
I have a 88 250x. Its the same thing as the 300ex minus electric start. I think that they are some of the best trail quads ever made. I let my buddies ride it if they don't have a quad to use. It still starts on the 1st kick!
My brother used to have a 250x, and that thing would blow by me every time we raced. For some reason the 250x's are faster than the 300's, stock for stock. The only reason i like my 300 better is that magic little button on the handlebars.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Schmitthead@Apr 19 2004, 07:04 PM
The warrior just needs to be updated inorder to run with some of the newer quads
it has been
[/b][/quote]
The only thing that was updated is the plastic...no chassis or motor modifcations or updates were made on the 04 models.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Schmitthead@Apr 19 2004, 09:26 PM
Its lighter, has a diffrent carb, and rear shock. iti s shorter and wider than the warrior except the wheelbase is longer on it.

see for your self

comparison
My bad, i was just going off what a yamaha dealer told me. I hadn't actually compared the two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. I have a 99 300ex and I love it. Im not very big just 130 lbs, but I can still control the 300 really good. This is my first post on this board so I should say nice to be here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts