Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local fair is having ATV drag races, so I thought I would go check it out. I am pretty sure it is just a 300' dirt drag. First question is what kind of gearing would you guys recommend? 13 tooth 14 tooth? I have a set of 18" razors that I will most likely be running. Also have some 59" circumference Hoosiers incase the track is hard pack and slick.
Next question...What about suspension? Stiffen the rear shock for better/harder launches? Soften so it squats more? Maybe harder when there is good traction and softer when its slick out? I really have no idea just goin out for the fun of it pretty much so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ok, from my experience from fairs,lol.
more than likely it won't be 300ft, 200ft. the most. it's liability issues.

if your running 18's and an 04/05 bike, then I would use the 13 sprocket
" " "" "" "" 06/07 bike, then I would use the 14 front sprocket.

and last but not least, lower your bike to keep it from wheeling, use struts or take all
the preload off your shocks.

good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the help.
The bike is already low for circle/TT racing. Should I go even lower? How about stance? Should the back be lower or the front or even?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The local fair is having ATV drag races, so I thought I would go check it out. I am pretty sure it is just a 300' dirt drag. First question is what kind of gearing would you guys recommend? 13 tooth 14 tooth? I have a set of 18" razors that I will most likely be running. Also have some 59" circumference Hoosiers incase the track is hard pack and slick.
Next question...What about suspension? Stiffen the rear shock for better/harder launches? Soften so it squats more? Maybe harder when there is good traction and softer when its slick out? I really have no idea just goin out for the fun of it pretty much so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks[/b]
How was it? How did you do?
I have'nt herd of any fairs around me haveing atv drags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts