Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, Thats right, a fcr 40mm for 300 dollars with a trade-in of my tail light, headlight, and my carb with hotstart cable. Do you guys think I got a good deal?
Its jetting is already set up for a Sparks pipe, so I should be able to just bolt it on. I should have it by friday, I can't wait! :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
If its already set up to run with the TPS and dont they need an air filter adapter or something, i dont know. But if its just ready to bolt on its sounds like a good deal. If you dont buy it i will.. lol.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Lukster, you a jerk.....

Did you talk to Robert? Did he call you? Man, I was pretty bummed, but you got to it first. I guess our money arrived within 15 misn of each other. Please do not take this as any anger towards you.
I am bummed at that dude. He told me last night on the phone it was mine. I told him I would get my money to him by the end of the week, but I wanted to get it sooner so I coudl have it for next weekend. SO I scrambled to get the dough, got it to my bank, did an instant transfer.........
OK I got that out.....
I am stoked for you. AWESOME deal. I was all over that, I jsut wish I was a little quicker....

Keep me informed, on how it works...I will be gettign one VERY soon. I just will have to pay more....

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He told me someone elses money arrived like 10 minutes after mine, he said you sounded mad lol, sorry Kam. I will let you guys know how it turns out, its got the tps hookup and all that. I will try to post some pics if any of you guys are going to build your own.

I also got him to depart with his Works clutch lever with hot start for 90 bucks instead of the 150 dollar retail price I've seen. I will keep you guy posted, it should be here friday or saturday.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The only thing I want to add, is I feel that the 39 will give you more low end responce. Whether that's true or not we'll problably never know! But, my 39 is awesome and I wouldn't change it even if someone said the 40 was better. I'm sure when it comes to money though, that is an issue. I paid $449 for my 39mm.
Does the 40 still need the billet piece to hook-up to the air box boot? :mellow:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it comes with the adapter. The only real reason I got the 40 over the 39 is because all the top pros on these 450's run the 40, so it seems that there might be some sort of performance benefit to that but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got the carb today and had about a 1/2 hout to waste before work so I put it on. By the time I put it on I had about 3 minutes to test it out and it ripped. I was hearing a weird noise, I thought about it for a minute and realized I didn't tighten the clamp for the front intake boot. I will hopefully ride it some tommorow when I put my works clutch lever on and will be able ro tell you more.

·
Registered
321 Posts
schweet bro thanks for the update! and can't wait to hear more!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gabe, how do you like the carb so far? It will be tuesday or wednesday before I get to really test mine.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your avatar is awesome Racer!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
some pics of the carb (some are fuzzy)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts