Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents,im new too this forum and this is my first post, love the site its awesome. i havnt filled out my sig yet, but i have an 05 450r that i bought new. mods r 06 can without spark arrestor, mod quad intake, 185 main jet, 1 up on the needle, and a bigger pilot. the bike runs strong and has been FLAWLESS. im guessin it has 400 to 600 hours on it. readin this forum i see about the crank bearing problems with the 04/05s, so do i need to do anything about it? and if so, sinse im gonna be in there is a 3 mil storker something i should consider? if i have too tear it down anyway i might as well upgrade but i want a reliable motor. is the 3 mil reliable? is there easier options to make the same power? thx much for the responses.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
The crank bearings do tend to go out, actually its the lower big rod end bearing, anywhoo, if ya want to upgrade and get a little more power it would be a good idea, kill 2 birds with one stone in a sense, then add a aftermarket piston to that and youd see a very nice gain across the board

You definately need a camshaft it will wake ur bike up tremendously over what ya got,

SO a cam, crank, piston and gaskets etc would be a good idea if u can swing it,

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
not all 05 bikes had bad crank bearings.

mine is still running strong with no signs of letting go yet.

since youre gonna replace the crank a +3mil from Hotrods would be a good idea. alot of bikes have had alot of problems with these, but balancing the crank and piston seems to be the way to go.

you can also just get a Heavy Duty replacement from Hot Rods and throw a bigger compression piston.
or just go with a 480 big bore kit from hot rods. lots of options.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx 4 the responses guys, sinse strokin a banshee seems to be the power ticket, i thought the same would be true for 4 strokes. but maybe not? it sounds like a upgrade bearing kit and then a cam and hi-comp piston would do the same thing. on a side note, does anybody know the diameter of an 07 HRC head pipe? stock is 1.5 inches, just curious. thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts