Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any parts work on the 450 i am getting rid of and rapped on the sale of my 250r and may be better off keeping some on the parts to put on the 450 it they will fit

Shocks will they work

a arms

swing arm

rims are they the same bolt pattern on both rides

·
Registered
69 Posts
The a-arms won't work, the spacing is greater on the 450. The shocks might work, I held up the front set off of my 400ex and it sure looks like they would bolt up, but I heard somewhere that the geometry was wrong. Not sure about the swing arm. The rims will bolt right up. I think that the 250r grab bar will fit also. Of course the handlebars will fit. The front bumper off of my 400ex will bolt right up, I used my 400ex bumper until the one for the 450 came in. Thats all I know that will work, there might be others. Does anybody else know of any more parts that will interchange?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I think that about covers it redrider.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I dont think the 250r shocks will work, they are way smaller, unless you have long travel.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I intended to swap a lot of parts from my 250r onto my new 450r. The only things that I know of that you are able to swap are: (I didn't do all of these cus some were not worth the effort for me)

Handle Bars
Goose Neck
Tires/rims
Handlebar levers
Axle Carrier
Axle
Rear brake calipure and parking brake block off
Rear grab bar (light will not work without stock design)
Front shocks
Shifter

Things I was disappointed would not swap:
a-arms
front bumper
nerf bars
airfilter
Rear brake lever
Foot pegs

·
Registered
1,912 Posts