Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just did 22 hours at an onsite. WOOT!

Ok do it esdn't 22 hours straight i started at 7 this mornin and got off at 7 this evening then started the late shift at 730 and got of at 530. So doublke woot cause iget a whole lot of double time and a late shift pay hike for 10 hours.

I still miss my baby and the quad but you know what this is getting entertaining and I'mn being well compensated. Plus I am now officially the craziest On the job well and most energetic.

Some times i think I enjoy somethings just a little to much. :_specialED:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
22hrs ur crazy.

i just slept 10 hrs and woke up with a massive headache and my eyes are pulsing right now as we speak

:thumbdown: BS

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i woke up a little after 1130 so i slept about 5 in a half. I couldn't sleep any more I'm goind back in in a few minutes :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way your body doesn't really need 10 hours of sleep unless you give it a good reason like being sick or physical exhaustion. To much nsleep will cause you ro be lathargic and sore. Oh yeah it causes head aches especially iof ou sleep on your side or with out your head raised.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive pulled a 26 hour shift here at the hospital once it sucked ballz

where do you work[/b]
Emerson. I'm a valve tech. We're up here fixing a corn plant in Iowa. It's rare to go more than 16 hours but it happens. Some guys have worked over 40 hours straight. Especially at a Nuke plant or at an oil refinery. That doesn't happen any more for what i'm told but i can still expect to work more than 24 hours on occasion. I'm game.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the funny part is i goe of at 130 am for the shift before this.

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
I work for a Railroad and use to consistantly work 13-14 hour shifts having to sleep in hotels away from home for 3-4 weeks straight before you would get a day off :( i hated it lol. Good money though.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work for a Railroad and use to consistantly work 13-14 hour shifts having to sleep in hotels away from home for 3-4 weeks straight before you would get a day off :( i hated it lol. Good money though.[/b]
I'm curen t;y doing 14 hours and going to 16 as soon as i find a hotel that's not an hour and a half away. I get paid for drive time so
I'm not lookin that hard. Been gone for almost amonth and will be here till at least the end of august if not september.

This long of an outing isn't noraml it happens with disaters most are 1-4 weeks. They all pay very well. :_specialED:

And until I don't have any debt I will be taking as many as i can. Me and my fiancee have had a long talk it will be hard but better to do it now than at 40.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well im pulling a long few days with out much sleep this weekend

i woke up friday morning at 6 am couldnt get to bed till midnight friday night my alarm goes off at 3 am on weekends for work i work 4am to 430 pm got off work my father in law is a professional Walking horse trainer an i have to help him at the shows ever sat. night i didnt get home from the show till 130am this morning and got up at 3am again working till 430 when i get off i have to help him clean both trailers and all the stuff i wont be done with that until about 10pm till i get back from the barn, then i get up at 6am monday thru friday and do it all over again

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
every week has been a great pay day up here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm a diesel mechanic, and when the trucks gel up in the winter they get towed in all day and night. i've worked quite a few 20-24 hour shifts, the most i have worked straight was 31 hours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a diesel mechanic, and when the trucks gel up in the winter they get towed in all day and night. i've worked quite a few 20-24 hour shifts, the most i have worked straight was 31 hours.[/b]
I drive trucks, DOT doesn't allow us to be on the road for more than 12 hours at a time with 8 hours in between. Pretty chill for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am an IT Admin and have worked several 48 hr shifts my last office had a shower and couch so I could nap for an hour and then shower before the rest of the office cam back in.... coffee and energy drinks rule those days! But it really burns you out, and unfortunately I am salary so payday is still the same. :whip:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I worked at a grain elevator last year, and one of my supervisors said the longest he's worked straight there was 36 hours, loading trains. He said he was so mad at his bosses because after so many hours safety becomes a big issue especially when you're on top of moving trains and stuff. Last winter I worked a 16 hour day,which really isn't all that long, it just sucked being out in 0 degree weather all day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
dude you can have that cold weather crap any colder than 50 and my south florida swamp blood freezes.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've worked longer in the past. I held to jobs in highschool and college so i regulary would go 18-28 hours on the weekends working the 2 jobs.

but that 22 hour shift that was awsome. The company I work for is how may we say it. Very lucritive with over time especially when we are on the road.

The long hours i pulled in highschool and college didn'ty get me squat but the made me a stronger person that's for sure 22 hours isn't that big a deal to me but the money i get for it is any more. Plus i have an exciting job ties in with a hyper active personality. I thrive on hard work and long hours. After so much time being awake i kinda go off the deep end, I get a lot of energy and go for days with out sleep and enjoy every minute of it.

The awsome part is that i got paid for it this week end.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm like it no matter what the weathers like i can normally find something amusing to do with it.

Except 115+ and 90+ humidity. The 110 degrees isn't bad if it is desert heat but for a couple years here in st.louis it has gotten to 114 or 115 and been 98 perfent humidity. F%$# a whole lot of that. I was a carpenter last year and it got to 113and the humidity was 98% I was ready to die at 2pm.

Strangley I love thunder storms the worse the better the rain and thunder help me sleep and i love alotg of lightning i can watch it for hours and it helpskeep me awake on those long long days.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts