Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I went to start my 2007 trx450er after letting it sit with the fuel off and I went to start it up and it started then I pulled the choke out to let it warm up and when I pulled the choke in it died and now its not cranking over and I'm not getting power to the starter solenoid but when I jump the solenoid it starts and Ive spent around a hour to two looking for loose wires and the starter works fine and my electric start wire is brand new any idea what the issue is? All I've done to it is a used motoworks full exhaust and jetting and drilled a small hole in the airbox lid

·
Registered
550 Posts
Try to unplug the Clutch Switch which is 2 Wires that go to the Clutch Lever it's self, there should 2 wires, 1 will be a Green and the other will be Yellow/Green Stripe, unplug that connector and use a Small peice of jumper wire and see if the Start Button Works then.

If that fails to work, try this to insure that the Start Button is not bad. You will need a Cheap Multimeter (with a at least a "Beep" Tone just to make it easier).

1. Follow the wires that go from the kill/headlight/Start Switch down to the Plug, it will be a 6 Wire plug.
2. Unplug that Connector
3. Put the multimeter on 200 Ohm or "beep Tone" setting
4. Now use the Multimeter leads to probe the Yellow/Green Stripe Wire and the Yellow/Red Stripe wire (might need an extra hand for this one person hit the start button and the other holding the multimeter leads on the wires)

You SHOULD hear a Beep from the multimeter when the black "Start" button pressed, at the same time making sure the Clutch Switch connector is Jumped with a peice of wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts