Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i bought a 2007 trx450er for my wife to ride out at the dunes when i bought the guy told me that it had the hrc kit in so my first question is what is the hrc kit i herd its a cam and jets. so how is the cam different from the stock cam or say a stage 2 cam? and when i had picked up the bike it wouldn't idle so i changed out the pilot jet that fixed that issue my wife started to ride it and she complained the exhaust was really hot so i took it over to a local shop, a non dealer shop they had no idea what the hrc kit was so i wanted them to look at the heat issue they put stock jets back into it and it runs ok but when its on top end it cuts out on me when i ride it my wife dosn't ride it that hard, anyways whats the jets for the hrc kit? so i can out them back in, ( thinking thats why it cuts out on me) and is the heat normal if so would it be better to go back to stock cam and jets or like a stage 2 cam? or would it be better to put a pipe on it like fmf or what ever runs best on these bikes.
any help is apprecated thanks

·
Truck Yea
5,771 Posts
HRC kit for 06+ bikes was a cam, jetting, open air box lid, an exhaust tip and a needle. Its discontinued these days.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,652 Posts
I suggest reading the stickies at the top of the engine section that you posted this in. All the details of the cams and jetting are there, as well as a wealth of other knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.