Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2007 TRX 450 er

makes a load crunching noise when cranking, crunching noise actually stops rotation of engine, kind of locks up.

I’ve checked starter clutch (not slipping) and reduction gear (circlip in tact and not rotating individually) both working fine.

checked with Honda it has had starter clutch recall.

do these bikes have any gear box issues, took stator cover off Nothing obvious wrong.

kinda stumped, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well as much as you don't think the One Way Bearing is the culprit I will have to say that I seen this issue and fixed it enough times to tell you that the (One Way Starter Bearing) is more then likley bad for sure. It's hard to just "Look at it" and assume it's good because the 1 way bearing may look fine but it's most likely not.

Symptoms - (Loud Metallic "CLANK!" when you try to start it) Or it will act as if you're holding the throttle down all the way while cranking it.

Get your self the Starter Clutch kit from eBay from about $55.00 to $75.00 but I have never used one of those they're probably just fine but for my own reputation sake I recommend OEM Parts. If you go OEM you'll be spending roughly $300.00 bucks in parts. vs the eBay Kit you can get for 60 to 75.00 as I said.

OEM Honda Parts List

Retaining Ring 28127-MS2-612 $4.00
Outer Friction Clutch 28115-MEY-670 $54.00
Starter Drive Gear 28110-MEY-670 $67.00
One Way Friction 28125-MEY-671 $65.18
Don't Forget a Gasket too!

Or you can do the eBay Kit too. Like I said it's probably just fine. Here is a direct link

1 - 2 of 2 Posts