Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this quad from an estate sale that someone had started a cam swap and was apart. Put it all back together and it won't start; won't even try. Here's what's been done or observed.
1. Timed (It was off). Did not notice any interference turning over by hand
2. Valves adjusted (they needed shimmed)
3. Good spark; new plug
4. Compression at 60psi
5. Don't know condition of carb but sprayed carb spray in intake while cranking with throttle wide open

Not sure on what the cam is, but should that really matter?

What the heck am I missing?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Picked up this quad from an estate sale that someone had started a cam swap and was apart. Put it all back together and it won't start; won't even try. Here's what's been done or observed.
1. Timed (It was off). Did not notice any interference turning over by hand
2. Valves adjusted (they needed shimmed)
3. Good spark; new plug
4. Compression at 60psi
5. Don't know condition of carb but sprayed carb spray in intake while cranking with throttle wide open

Not sure on what the cam is, but should that really matter?

What the heck am I missing?
It way help you to clean the carb. Also a quick tip with these the 450er is don’t hold the throttle when trying to start it it will destroy the starter clutch. Otherwise after that I don’t know what would be wrong with it.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Did you check the battery? Sometimes it’s the simple things. Stator too maybe or grounds? I know this is an older thread but did you figure it out?

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
What’s up belair383? Did you get your quad dialed in? It’s been a while, haven’t heard anything. Hope you’re getting lots of seat time. Live to ride and ride to live!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts