Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , so I've had this 06 trx450er for a while now and it used to run good, well I had got it rebuilt and in ran fine for bit n started getting troubling to start so I checked valves and decomp they were Abit off n fixed them anyway, a few rides later it just vary suddenly became near impossible to start hot or cold and now won't at all , checked decomp clearance and was good but valves seem to go off awfully quik what could be causing this

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Valves are wearing, once they start they go quick. You need to get new valves and get a valve job done. If they are all getting out of spec replace them all but mostly the intakes go first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

• Valves are wearing, once they start they go quick. You need to get new valves and get a valve job done. If they are all getting out of spec replace them all but mostly the intakes go first.
    Do u think it would just require new valves n valve seats to be reworked or more?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Not knowing the full story on the bike it is hard to say. I would do valve seals too but you are right there so might as well at least put new rings on the piston or put another piston in if you want to get a little power. It's kinda one of those deals where you can go as deep as you want to go. Just a few more steps and you will be able to put a new cam chain in which is always a good idea too.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,155 Posts
I would bring or send the head to a shop that specializes in this style of head. If the head has a lot of hours on it and you plan on riding it a lot, throw some stainless valves in there with the proper springs, get a valve job and replace the guides. And if you send it to the right shop you might as well have them port it too lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts