Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my good friend went out and bought a brand new 2005 yfz from Malcom Smith motorcycles down in southern cali yesterday. He gets it home and starts ride it,up and down the street.
Well it wasn't running right. It wasn't idling correctly and backfired when letting off the gas. Along with that, it would die while idling. So he trys adjusting the carb in hopes of the bike working properly. In his efforts, he ends up draining the battery and is now stuck with a brand new yfz sittind dead, in the middle of the street. He loaded it up and took it back to the dealer. They kept it there for a day and a half and returned it saying it "had a lose wire"
Sounds like this is the begining to a bike full of trouble. Thats not good to have that happen the first day. Even if it was human error, it could leave a sour taste with the bike.....

mmmm lemonny

·
Registered
68 Posts
my cousin has a '05 yfz and had a similar experience. After the second trip, his yfz experienced the exact same symptoms as your friends yfz until his battery died also! His also backfired and wouldn't idle... WE eneded up taking it back to yamaha and they recharged the battery and everything worked fine :huh: ... strange... just another reason kick start is cool. <_<

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
when I bought my 400ex & unloaded it off my truck for the first time I rode it around with the choke on for like 20 minutes & it wouldnt run right.....i called my dealer & told them my problem & they told me about the little yellow switch.....hmph..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that all new bikes have there ups and down when i unloaded my 2003 yz

125 and no matter what i did it wouldnt start. i had to tow it behind a HONDA(yes i

i know that is the usal a honda towing a yamaha) LOL and finally after a fouled

plugg she came to LIFE!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by HondaRider@Oct 1 2004, 03:50 AM
just another reason kick start is cool.  <_<
yeah my two friends have last years yfz and they had battery problems and they would carry those jumper cables just incase the battery dies or something. one time one of em needed a jolt because their yfz wouldnt start, then they started to look underneath my seat and wondering were my battery is. I coulnt' stop laughing!!!. While they were using the jumper cables i would jokingly start my quad and mumble glad i have a kickstart. They get pissed off but its just good fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts