Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I have a 2005 TRX 450 R, kick starter model, does my carburetor have a primer bulb?

on the carburetor adjustment screw, it looks like a black sprocket plastic, does pushing this in create a primer bulb?

thank you all 馃馃嚭馃嚫

Truck Yea
no. there is no primer on such carbs.

you have a choke lever. if you want to prime it you prime it like an old carb car, pump the throttle 2-3x and start it.

Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
Dont give it gas while cranking, but you probably new that, being on here as long as you have. I just hate seeing that happen to someone , cuz its easy to do while thumb is resting on the throttle , even giving it just a little gas chews up the system. It says it in the manual but who really goes thru it when they buy one? I sure didn鈥檛. Lol. Send some pics of your 05 broski! What she look like?

Registered
No lol. They have an Accelerator Pump... Not a primer bulb. If you ever take the air box out you can look down the Throat of the Carburetor and when you push the throttle you should see a nice squirt of fuel shoot into ttowards the intake valves.

Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
No lol. They have an Accelerator Pump... Not a primer bulb. If you ever take the air box out you can look down the Throat of the Carburetor and when you push the throttle you should see a nice squirt of fuel shoot into ttowards the intake valves.
Ive seen it and its wicked cool the timing of it, it happens fast, almost like you want it to miss and hit the wall but it never does 馃槅

Registered
I one time was checking the Throttle Slide of a Carburtore from a YFZ450 and when i pushed the Throttle Opened i shot fuel into my eye because the Accelarator pump was facing me. Talk about PAIN lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts