Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
swingarm question.

buddy is trying to pick up a swingarm. his bike is an 06 the swingarm was made for an 05. i know they fit both but heres the question. since the the stock 06 is +1 longer than the 05, if he was to get that swingarm for his bike is it really only a+1 over stock?

and the other way around, i was to put a +3 from an 06 on my bike will that really be a +4 since my 05 is shorter?

any thoughts

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
i wouldn't interchange the 06 arm with an 05 bike. the linkage, dog bone, and shock are all different.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldn't interchange the an 06 arm with an 05 bike. the linkage, dog bone, and shock are all different.[/b]

arent the mounting tabs still the same?

my buddy is looking into getting a longer swingarm but it was made for an 05, his is an 06. wont the linkage and dogbone still work?

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
QUOTE(BadinBlack @ Jul 28 2008, 09:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=536428
<div class='quotemain'>i wouldn't interchange the an 06 arm with an 05 bike. the linkage, dog bone, and shock are all different.[/b]

arent the mounting tabs still the same?

my buddy is looking into getting a longer swingarm but it was made for an 05, his is an 06. wont the linkage and dogbone still work?
[/b]
no the tabs of the 06's are futher back
[/b][/quote]

now i see, thanks.
[/b][/quote]
it will work if you get all 05 parts for an 05 swinger on an 06 bike or the other way around.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
i wouldn't interchange the 06 arm with an 05 bike. the linkage, dog bone, and shock are all different.[/b]
If I take a 06 swingarm and shock and linkage, and put on a 05 it should work fine correct?

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
also sandshots, its not quite an inch. its more like 3/4". you are right though. any '06 arm you buy will be that much longer than stated over your '05.

like bad said though, be sure to get all the '06 parts(arm, linkage, shock). i goofed up and had a houser +2 swinger for a '05. it bolted up to all my '06 parts just fine. but the ratios were WAY off.
just sitting on it pretty much flattened it out. cranking up the preload didnt do any good either.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
The 06-08 rear setup is a great mod for the 04-05 bikes, and vice versa with the front ends.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know my +2 for my 05 actually measured +2 5/8" longer than the stocker and it was supposed to be +2.[/b]

i ordered a +2.5 and the measurement was dead on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts