Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how the stock shocks work with +2 a-arms... And also, should I get +2's, or +2 +1's... Thanks for the help

·
Registered
21 Posts
We installed + 2+1 holz a-arms w/ axis shocks we highly recomend this combo, when jumping the 450r it use to be nose light now it soars level.

·
Registered
593 Posts
2+1's work really, really well. I have walsh arms, swing arm, savior linkage and axis shocks it is amazing what a differance it made.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
he asking about STOCK SHOCKS with +2 aarms..of course aftermarket shocks are gonna be awesome but will the stock ones work well with this setup...prob. can afford the aarms but not the shocks temporarily

·
Registered
593 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Aug 11 2004, 12:01 PM
he asking about STOCK SHOCKS with +2 aarms..of course aftermarket shocks are gonna be awesome but will the stock ones work well with this setup...prob. can afford the aarms but not the shocks temporarily
just trying to give my opinion of what i have first hand experiance with. The more information available the better informed you are.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exactly, my friend has a yfz with +2's and stock shocks, he says the stock shocks (once they are dialed in) are as good as any aftermarket he has had, hes had axis and pep... i was just wondering if the trx's were as good... thanks for the help... or would it be better to invest in shocks and leave the stock a-arms? i figured +2's with stock shocks would be the best since my friends winning local mx on his yfz like that... anyways thanks again for the help...

·
Registered
593 Posts
You will probably have to get your stockers re valved for +2's unless you are pretty light. I really didn't care for my stock shocks...mainly the rear it really didn't work well no matter what I did. Other people I know have had pretty good success with re-done stockers and it's a lot cheaper than my set-up.

·
Registered
612 Posts
we got a set of baldwin 1 3/8 tt arms the other day... and man they are great looking a arms... i'm really impressed at the workmanship if these arms... i'm gonna be getttin some +2 3/8 for mine and have my stockers revalved and triple rate springs put on... i can afford the money for the a arms but not 895 for new shocks... i can get my stockers fixed for 375 and the guy asssured me that they will be as good as a 895 pair of shocks......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, im thinking im gonna get my stockers re done for the time being at least... all my money has been dumped into the engine (sorry yfz guys), so i cant afford new shocks just yet... so for the time being im only beating yfzs in drag races, until i get the a-arms...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts