Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to know how the 13t sprocket works on the TRX? I've never tried it and I know that most people use them for the trails 'cause the TRX is geared kinda high for the woods. Does anyone have any major mods done and use the 13t sprocket?

My dilema is that after I did my motor work, I lost a little bottom end but gained major power in my mid range/top end. The problem is that off the bottom end, its not pulling like my other MX racing buddies 450s do with just exhaust/filter/jetting. But once I get into the higher RPMs in 2nd-4th gear, I blow them away. I'm considering trying the 13t sprocket to gain some bottom end back and pull them off the line.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
for really tight woods i use a 13/39 gearing and i want to play with 13/40 or 12/39 and maybe some 22" tires, but i know the rear suspension isn't very compatible with the 22's this is from GTT

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ran a 13T when I ran stock. All I put on was a Ehs airbox lid, a Hrc Endcap, and a Uni Airfilter and I had to much bottom end, so I had to switch back to a 14T. I agree with whitezee just buy one and try it. They are not that much.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My completely stock 450R wants to do wheelies in 4th and has no problem in 3rd so I can't imagine what a 13T sprocket would do ... but now I'm curious.

Is Renthal reliable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts