Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a 12 450r race quad for my son that has a fresh 14:1.5 high compression build with a CR 450 cam. It has the stock 12 450 carb with no hot start as it was built for electric start. They converted it from Electric to kicker due to burning up starters, etc. It starts ok cold but hot it is a no go for the most part. I have tried every trick that i know. Thinking i am going to have put a hot start CR carb or something on it. I wanted to see if anyone had any input on helping me out.

The top end only has 3 hours on it. Wondering if valves or something needs to be adjusted since it has a few hours on it now or if it is just one of those things where i am out of luck without a hot start carb. It gives me problem sometimes even when it is cold. It is jetted out and runs great with 114 octane when running. The stock 12 does not have hot start. I would take back to the person that built it to help but it is a days drive one way so looking for some do it your self help.

I will say it will fly and runs fine if you bump start. First weekend out my son won the 2nd moto on it. Just not fun when you have this awesome built quad and can't get it to start at the gate.. :)

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,241 Posts
It’s definitely worth checking the valves, especially if it’s not starting when cold. You can just add hot-start to your carb, you don’t have to get a different carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts