Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 450R has the HRC kit and a 13 tooth front sprocket and a [email protected] filter and i took it to the 1/8 th mile asphalt strip and my best time was a 8.905 @ 69.76 mph and i did the 60 foot in 1.635! i couldnt believe i ran that fast, i only weigh 135 LB's. whats your times??? is it possible my quad ran that fast? my next fastest run was a 9.203 @ 70.09 mph with a 2.089 60 foot. maybe that 8.9 was a perfect run or something but its still 3 tenths of a second faster than my next best run. next week im going to put my HMF "ballance" pipe on it and see what it runs then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when i ran the 8.9 i took off in 2nd, when i took off in 1st i was running 9.2s and 9.3s. in 2nd the front end didnt want to lift up near as bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Originally posted by ridinredodb@Aug 12 2004, 06:03 PM
my 450R has the HRC kit and a 13 tooth front sprocket and a [email protected] filter and i took it to the 1/8 th mile asphalt strip and my best time was a 8.905 @ 69.76 mph and i did the 60 foot in 1.635!  i couldnt believe i ran that fast, i only weigh 135 LB's. whats your times???  is it possible my quad ran that fast? my next fastest run was a 9.203 @ 70.09 mph with a 2.089 60 foot. maybe that 8.9 was a perfect run or something but its still 3 tenths of a second faster than my next best run. next week im going to put my HMF "ballance" pipe on it and see what it runs then.
Thats pretty good i took mine to the strip and its stock i was running a 9.760 at 65mph i weigh about 220 their was a ds 650 their with a white brothers pipe and he was running a 9.000 at 69mph. Oh yea what track do you go to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
Ill be maybe going to a drag race this sunday, i wanna get a 13t so i can get the hole shot, i got the mods listed in my sign, how do u guys think ill do, im not sure how long the track will be but my guess is fromm 300 to 800 feet, how do u think ill do agaisnt an hrc modden r with a hot cam stage tow, full pipe and air filter and open lid on my side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
well im keeping the taller tires, but im droping a tooth on the front sprocket, i dunno how good the driver is, or if hell even be there for that fact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
im ordering a 13t 400 ex sprcket, i herd it would work, just want a double confirmation, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
my best time on asphalt track is 8.4 at 69mph. My worst time was a 8.7. I cant remember how fast. I have posted this somewhere in this forum before....I posted all my times that night....I wonder if I can find that post somewhere. ..I will look for it...

I forgot to mention, these times are on a stock cam and stock pipe with HRC end cap...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never ran the 1/8th mile when i was stock but i know the HRC kit did a lot of good. smoothed out the power and it pulls harder all the way through. hey Lude, when you ran that 8.4 what gear did you take off in? i was taking off in 1st and 2nd but my best times were in 2nd. so has anyone else ran the 1/8th mile? im curious of what everyone else is running. also, would anyone happen to know of any 1/4 mile times?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yea what track do you go to?





im running at Osborne MO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by ridinredodb@Aug 13 2004, 11:18 PM
i never ran the 1/8th mile when i was stock but i know the HRC kit did a lot of good. smoothed out the power and it pulls harder all the way through. hey Lude, when you ran that 8.4 what gear did you take off in? i was taking off in 1st and 2nd but my best times were in 2nd. so has anyone else ran the 1/8th mile? im curious of what everyone else is running. also, would anyone happen to know of any 1/4 mile times?
I took off in 1st gear everytime. But I short shift it...I take off in first and as soon as the front end lifts about 1.5 feet off the ground I shift into 2nd. This keeps the front about 1.5 feet off the ground half way down the track, It enables me to give it all it has pretty much from the beginning...I found if I didnt hit 2nd quick enough, the front of the quad would be too high in the air and I would have to let it down and gas it again....You loose alot of time when you have to do that.....

So the trick was to get the front to stay afloat without comming up....I accomplish this by shifting gears, without the clutch, to keep the front down....

Its pretty cool looking cause the front of my quad is only about 1.5 feet off the ground until I hit 4th gear, and then it slowly comes down, and then im gone....My 450r beat everthing there that night...and I beat them everytime...even when I would mess up I would still pull better times then them.....the only thing that beat me...(it didnt count...cause its majorly built) is a banshee on alcahol....and he was pulling 91 mph in the 1/8 mile.....I cant remember how fast...I never got over the 91 mph thing....WOW...

I run at a track in Kansas City called KCIR. Kansas City International Raceway...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Aug 14 2004, 12:05 AM
Lude is your bike lowered? --- What rear mods have you done? --- How do you sit on the bike when you launch? --- I gotta know all this stuff man ... It will save wear and tear and maybe a grab bar and a skun-up back ... LOL ... You run the 13T too right ?
No I havent even adjusted the Sag...its still stock setting. I dont have any mods done to the rear...I have the rear shock compression turned way up, and the rebound turned as slow as possible....when you drag turn the compression on the back shock all the way hard....what makes the front come up, is the back going down. So if you can prevent the back from going down, its easier to keep the front down. ..I sit on the gas tank....it looks funny, but I slowly slide down to the seat as Im moving down the track....I nail 1st gear hard and immediatly hit second almost as soon as I take off....Yes I have the 13 tooth....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
also, would anyone happen to know of any 1/4 mile times?[/b]
With quads you can't really do a 1/4 mile all that good. Because they would top out way before they reached 1/4 mile.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,559 Posts
YSR = 7.77 @ 92.
FZ1186/NOS = 5.86 @ 145.
Turbo FJ1440 = 5.89 @ 146.
OW01/1040 = 6.51 @ 139 (the front wheel never touched the ground).
'69 Olds 442 = 9.80 @ 78.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by Ticeman@Aug 14 2004, 07:09 PM
YSR = 7.77 @ 92.
FZ1186/NOS = 5.86 @ 145.
Turbo FJ1440 = 5.89 @ 146.
OW01/1040 = 6.51 @ 139 (the front wheel never touched the ground).
'69 Olds 442 = 9.80 @ 78.

Tony
nice numbers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just ran the 1/8th mile after i got my HMF pipe installed and i ran a 8.85 ET @ 72.81 MPH. i was running consistantly in the 8's at over 70 mph. im wondering if i will run faster with the 14 tooth front sprocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by ridinredodb@Aug 19 2004, 08:00 PM
i just ran the 1/8th mile after i got my HMF pipe installed and i ran a 8.85 ET @ 72.81 MPH. i was running consistantly in the 8's at over 70 mph. im wondering if i will run faster with the 14 tooth front sprocket.
didnt gain much on time, but you gained alot on speed.....thats cool. As I posted before my previous time was 8.4 at only 70, but I am getting ready to install a Dr. D slip on...I will let you know the times with that.....when I get it....so how do you like the HMF? B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i really like this exhaust system, its got tons of torque and a little bit more top end with a really throaty sound. with the stock exhaust i was consistantly running 9.2 -9.3's and that 8.90 must have been a perfect run because i couldnt go that fast again. with the HMF i was consistantly running 8.85- 8.90's. i highly recomend this pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE
also, would anyone happen to know of any 1/4 mile times?



With quads you can't really do a 1/4 mile all that good. Because they would top out way before they reached 1/4 mile



yeah, i know the 1/4 is way too long for any quad but i was just wandering. i saw an older top 6 1/4 mile runs and #1 was the 500 Quadzilla at 15.09 @ 79 mph and #2 was the banshee running a 15.33 @ 77 mph. they said the quads were topped out way before the 1/4 mile but im just wandering of what the 450R and the yfz run. would anyone happen to have a fastest quads list of the 1/8th mile?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Aug 14 2004, 12:05 AM
Lude is your bike lowered? --- What rear mods have you done? --- How do you sit on the bike when you launch? --- I gotta know all this stuff man ... It will save wear and tear and maybe a grab bar and a skun-up back ... LOL ... You run the 13T too right ?
yeah, I run the 13 tooth. I literally set on the gas tank durring take off. the front will still come up, but as soon as the front gets about 1.5 ft off the ground, you need to slam it in second, while the wheels are in the air, (dont use the clutch). If you do it right, you will carry the front end in the air all the way through 3rd gear....as your going you can slowly slide back down to your seat....tuck down under the handlebars for that little extra help with wind resistance...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top