Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
09trx450er
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, 09 trx450er. Everything has been fine lately. Raced this past weekend and electric start worked perfectly fine right off the line. I stalled on my second lap and realized I had no electric start. I have a kicker backup and it made it through the rest of the race. With my key off I have about 12.6v on the batter. When I turn the key on engine off it cuts to less than .5v. Any ideas? Measured voltage with quad running and only at 3ish volts. I took the battery out of the quad and measured voltage with quad running and it was only at 2-4 volts at most. What’s a good test for the stator and voltage regulator on these quads? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Don’t mean to sound condescending but , do you think you need a new battery. It’s probably a dumb question but it does say not charging. So I figured I’d ask the most simple solution.

·
Registered
09trx450er
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordering a new battery as we speak. I just figured that it should still try to charge the battery at 14ish volts. I’m thinking a shorted cell in the battery can’t provide proper voltage to regulator , this causing the low charge while running

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Ordering a new battery as we speak. I just figured that it should still try to charge the battery at 14ish volts. I’m thinking a shorted cell in the battery can’t provide proper voltage to regulator , this causing the low charge while running
Ok cool, other than that, how’s the quad running? I do like the style of it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle Automotive tire

I’m not quite sure yet, I’d love to go with a houser +1 xc long travel / fox float setup but that might have to wait until next xc season lol
I have houser arms +1, and the old elka stage 2 fronts and new stage 5 rear. Much better then stock but nothing like Fox setup. Yea those are badass shocks, expensive too so next season I understand lol. But that would be a great set up. Hope you get it. When you do send some pics. Here’s mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts