Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just trying to get this bike running properly.

The bike will start up with just the choke and no throttle and when it's warmed up it idles fine with the choke closed. As soon as I give it throttle it kills the bike immediately.
If I slightly blocked the air into the carb with a rag the bike runs and throttle works fine.

I recently adjusted the valve shimes, added new clutch plates and hinson basket, cleaned carb then did all balls carb rebuild with new fuel/air screw. Checked/cleaned accelorator pump (seems in good shape) Cleaned tank and added new fuel.

I might have to go back in and look at the valve clearences but I'm not to sure, if anyone knows what I should do any info would be great.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You might need to do some rejetting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the bike will only start up immediately after I go through the carb and clean it, then the next day it won't start at all. Can only get it to sputter if I pump the throttle. (I know your not supposed to do that).

Last time I did a rebuild and swapped out the jets for the ones in a rebuild kit. I believe every new jet was stock. Il have to go get the numbers that I wrote down.

The bike has uni air filter and the exhaust is the stock unit with everything ripped out from inside it. (baffles removed i think they call it). And the green wire at the CDI is cut.

Any idea what jets I should be trying or if you think it's some other issue?

Also when it's idling and you stall it bad by pushing the throttle, sometimes a small amount of exhausted backs out the air filter.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
721 Posts
I know this post is like 7 months old, but did you get her dialed in by now lol,?? Hope so. If not sounds like you need a rebuild kit with jets sizes you had before. But could be wrong tho. And you said the green wire is cut? Does it have a cam too or is motor stock? Cuz I heard cutting the wire with no cam or mods will make the quad run like shit especially low rpm,s

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
721 Posts

The bike will start up with just the choke and no throttle and when it's warmed up it idles fine with the choke closed. As soon as I give it throttle it kills the bike immediately.
If I slightly blocked the air into the carb with a rag the bike runs and throttle works fine.

I recently adjusted the valve shimes, added new clutch plates and hinson basket, cleaned carb then did all balls carb rebuild with new fuel/air screw. Checked/cleaned accelorator pump (seems in good shape) Cleaned tank and added new fuel.

I might have to go back in and look at the valve clearences but I'm not to sure, if anyone knows what I should do any info would be great.
Is the bike running properly? Hope it’s fixed and you’re riding. Trying to get guys back on the site. Post some pics and some info. Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts

Did you figure this out, send pics, if not what’s it still doing , maybe someone on here can help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts