Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to riding. I have a 08 trx 450 with a fuel customs intake and monster exhaust I wanna get more power and was wondering what I should upgrade next?
Thanks

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,036 Posts
Cam and porting would give you a nice boost in power, that is if you have a reputable shop do the porting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The green wire mod is an easy diy 1 sec performance mod you can do and 2x what “Hoser” said. The most common cam that people love is a Stage 2 hot cam. Which is a drop in cam that does not require any major work, so your motor can handle it. Web cams and others like them requires more motor work which translate to more Benjamin’s. But not all web cam need major work, the are some that are comparable to the stage 1-3 cams Hotcams but their double the price for about the same performance. Their are plenty of threads on this sight that explain what can or what needs to be done to install which cam you prefer. Porting either makes or breaks the performance of your bike so make sure you do choose a reputable shop (ones that specializes in building motors/ making power). An Easy mod would be to find a K&N air box lid. Other than that you already have the rest of the bolt-ons that enhance power. You have a really nice exhaust that is screaming at you for a cam every time you open that throttle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts