Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the truck sold. Picked up the new ride on a Monday. Tint (20%) and sway bars went on on Tuesday. Exhaust went on the car on Wednesday. Wheels/tires went on on Friday. I have lowering (1.25f/1r) springs to put on but haven't yet as I'm second guessing it because the area I live is rural and roads are very bad, not too mention I'm in construction and will be going onto sites with it quite a bit. I ordered some Tokico D-Spec adjustable shocks and struts to help tighten the car up and I'm going to see how they work with the stock springs first. Not sure what's next. Get the shocks on and maybe an intake, then wait for the aftermarket to catch up with tuning. There's a company in Austin, UpRev that's worked on the 350z's a lot and should have something out for this car in a few months.

Here's some pictures of it thus far:

Car had the exhaust and sway bars on it at this time.

Under car pic of the custom exhaust.

Now, I get the wheels on. 19" Axis Decades with Kumho Ecsta SPTs: 245/40/19 fronts and 275/35/19 rears.

YouTube videos of the car.

Revving motor.

Drive off.

Interior-Revving car in Park.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought 20% was illegal in Texas?[/b]
shhh, don't tell Greg. He'll send some 'buddies' over...

28% is legal limit on front and then whatever you want on the rear sides and back.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds sick scott!!!
i have a buddy of mine that has a 350z that is supercharged.
talk about a sick ride.

fun cars enjoy it![/b]
i originally didn't want something that big, kinda wanted the coupe but after driving realized the space would be nice. the z's can be turned into beasts tho for sure. there's a few turbo and twin turbo kits out for these newer sedans but they're all like 8k to 10k parts only, just too much scratch for me right now. we also have a 335i in the family and right now, with the sway bars and tires, I think it handles better than that. very anxious to get the shocks on. I hit a 360* on ramp this past weekend, entered at 100, slowed down and held about 85 through it and it was a tight SOB, was very impressed how the sways and tires helped this thing out.

I don't normally drive like that but I had just got done with driving the Z06s at the Speedway's road course, and I felt full of it I guess. My passenger said I'd probably need a new door handle from nearly ripping it off the door holding on.... lol

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont you have to get inspected every year?
Oh Sorry nice ride...[/b]
Texas inspection (unless your in the big city) = taillights work, headlights work, blinkers work, horn works.... your good.

·
Registered
889 Posts
wow really nice car. Loving the sound

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I like the sound to. I was afraid it was going to be a little too ricey sounding, did not want a ricey import sound and I don't think it is, think it's more of an exotic type sound... there is a little bit of drone in the car around 2000 to 2800 rpms... but it's not bad and I've grown to like it.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha, I still have my black truck... no probs there. But I wanted to get something that got a little better mileage on the hwy, had a little more sport to it that I can throw around if I want. Wife has a Yukon, so I have a little of everything to play with.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts