Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some info on a build I'm working at. I got a 07 roller all complete with all electronics. I got it with a 04 engine. The motor has different plug ends but seem the wiring is similar. Is there a way to just use connectors and splice in the wires from stator into the 07 harness. The only thing I cannot figure out where they might go is the 3 yellow wires on my 04 engine. Was reading it goes to regulator. What would be my best bet could I put a 07 stator on my 04 engine with correct plugs or can i run splices an get this thing together and fired up. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I would have to look at the diagrams but it would be time consuming to splice the harness all together and even at that I am not sure if the timing curves are close enough to get good performance. The stators flywheel and cover are all different and best I remember is not interchangeable at all. If you want to keep that engine best bet would probably be just buy a complete 04-05 harness, cdi, etc.

·
Truck Yea
5,434 Posts
it would be best to get the condenser and a full 04-05 wiring harness here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts