Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN NEED OF SOME HELP! Hey, I’m new to this and was looking for some help in regards to my Trx450er. I’m a little familiar with carbs and now I’m to a point where I want to fix them on my own rather than paying someone to do it for me. But to the point. My trx450 has a Keihin FCR carb on it and the bike is completely stock, it has sat up for some time. Pulled it out and it ran fine with the choke on and just soon as I turn the choke off it dies out completely. With the choke on It runs and rides 100% fine but will die when your slowing down and not riding the clutch. It will not even crank with the choke off after it has warmed up but I will try. These are the things I have done.

1. Carb cleaned from top to bottom checked all jets and could see thru them clearly.
2. Checked accelerator pump it was doing what it suppose to
3. Cleaned tank out and put fresh gas in
4. Changed spark plug
5. Made air/fuel adjustments and got no change
6. Changed old jets and put new stock jets in just to see if that would make a difference even tho old jets were clean.

I do know it has to be running lean due to it running fine with the choke on but not off. Do I need to go to a larger pilot jet so it can compensate the fuel for the air? And what/where do the extra two hoses on the carb go that runs off the side of the carb? I’m thinking their evap hoses but not sure.
Any help would be useful but please keep any unnecessary comments to yourselves.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This sounds like you're using to big of a pilot Jet.

Are you using DynoJets or OEM Keihin brand Jets?

I would suggest trying a 45 Pilot Jet... If you're using a DynoJet kit that would be equivalent to like a 50 in DynoJet's size

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything completely bone stock. Nothing on the bike is after market at all. I did change the jets and it only idled with the choke off for about 30 seconds then died out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts