Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 07 TRX450er. It currently has the stock exhaust, and I have an arrester in it. It is rather loud, I am guessing any internal baffling is shot. . I am trying to quiet it up some as I mostly ride in national forest, as well as, I have tinnitus, ringing in the ear 24/7. I am looking at the Lexx with the Trail Saver Quiet Core Insert. Before I do that is there anything that can be done to the stock muffler to reduce noise. I have searched quite a bit and I am not seeing anything. Thanks

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,486 Posts
Any aftermarket exhaust, even with a quiet core, is going to be louder than stock.

do you have the actual stock baffle or just a spark arrestor piece On your stock muffler?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any aftermarket exhaust, even with a quiet core, is going to be louder than stock.

do you have the actual stock baffle or just a spark arrestor piece On your stock muffler?
You are right, the baffle is missing, it is just the arrester. Now if I can only find a baffle for sale

·
4,486 Posts
I’ve got one, but not sure if I’m willing to part with it lol. Let me think about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I’ve got one, but not sure if I’m willing to part with it lol. Let me think about it.
Somebody just tried to scam me from my part wanted ad l. Wanted me to make a zelle payment and wouldn’t provide a picture of part until I paid. Should have known the the person who responded had just joined

·
4,486 Posts
Is that the james dude that posted in that thread? If he’s a scammer I’ll ban him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that the james dude that posted in that thread? If he’s a scammer I’ll ban him.
Yes jamesshady225. He had me email the person he references in the post. Should have known also the way the person was writing that they are probably foreign

·
4,486 Posts
Ok, I sent him a DM. He’s still online. I’ll wait to see what he has to say first. Thanks for reporting it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts