Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I bought an 07 Trx 450er last year, since I bought it I’ve done carb kit, leak down test, adjusted compression via decompression lever to 63 psi, shimmed the valves, checked the carb. goose neck, and check the battery. I’m thinking about selling cause I can’t get it to start. Even when it’s warmed right up, I have to give it a little gas ( I know your never supposed to ) but sometimes when it’s hot it’ll start first try if it’s only been shut off for a few seconds, I have to bump start it to get it to cold start, and it bump starts very easy, I turn up the idle screw, bump start and turn it back down once it’s hot. I don’t know what else to look into and really love this bike but don’t see the point in owning something you can only shut off on a hill. Please help me out someone, I’d give contact info if someone has the patience to walk through it with me. I’d take it to Honda but I don’t have the money to pay $85 a hour

·
Registered
518 Posts
Have you checked your Stator? (Not Start It was not a Typo The Stator is the Generator like an Alternator) I have seen guys fight with issue simular were it will almost fire but it makes a loud metallic clunk and them won't start and will pull start just fine, every one thinks its the jetting or the Valves. Check he Stator!

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,765 Posts
I would pop the valve cover and take a second look at the valve lash. Make sure you have them set properly. And yes, the stator can cause starting issues, but often times they cause problems when the engine is hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts