Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and cannot find a definite answer. Is the 07 carb the same as the 06? Will the 06 HRC needle and jet kit fit the 07?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the double post.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
If there are any differences they will be very minor. Yes, jets and needles will work between the years - you just can't use a needle from an 04/05 in an FCR because the carbs are very different. Main & pilot jets work though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there are any differences they will be very minor. Yes, jets and needles will work between the years - you just can't use a needle from an 04/05 in an FCR because the carbs are very different. Main & pilot jets work though.[/b]
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
06 CRF450r needle is the same as a hrc neddle !!!! HRC is a scam there is tons of the same or better stuff out there that costs next to $0 dollars,,,, why dont honda just put the CRF stuff in from the start ???? are they testing us ??? or do they really need the money that bad ??

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Because Honda is smarter than you think.....

the CRF bikes are RED sticker bikes.... the TRX are GREEN sticker bikes..... that may not mean anything to you, but for us living here in Cali....it means a WHOLE LOT....

Honda chose to make their TRX as a 'family' oriented machine....and in doing so, they had to remove some of the goodies in order for these machine to pass the CA 'green sticker' emissions......which allows these machine to be run year round at all parks... unlike the CRF machines which are regulated to only be run a certain part of the year...usually winter... unless on a CLOSED Course for racing only.......

After making their machines EPA compliant.... they then sell us the parts to convert the engine BACK to the CRF style with all that power......and they call it.... .HRC kit.... 'Honda Racing Competition' kit...... and I for one am very glad they did.....

if you think the HRC kit is a rip-off.... go buy each individual part and add it up...... a CRF cam alone is over $200, then comes a complete jet kit including CRF needle.... needle alone is over $20...... then a new head pipe, baffle, ICM sub harness, etc, etc......

I dont think Honda is ripping us off with their HRC kit....... probably one of the best 'bang for the bux' you can buy for these things.....

jmho....me~

·
Oregon Coast Duner
2,482 Posts

the CRF bikes are RED sticker bikes.... the TRX are GREEN sticker bikes..... that may not mean anything to you, but for us living here in Cali....it means a WHOLE LOT....

Honda chose to make their TRX as a 'family' oriented machine....and in doing so, they had to remove some of the goodies in order for these machine to pass the CA 'green sticker' emissions......which allows these machine to be run year round at all parks... unlike the CRF machines which are regulated to only be run a certain part of the year...usually winter... unless on a CLOSED Course for racing only.......

After making their machines EPA compliant.... they then sell us the parts to convert the engine BACK to the CRF style with all that power......and they call it.... .HRC kit.... 'Honda Racing Competition' kit...... and I for one am very glad they did.....

if you think the HRC kit is a rip-off.... go buy each individual part and add it up...... a CRF cam alone is over $200, then comes a complete jet kit including CRF needle.... needle alone is over $20...... then a new head pipe, baffle, ICM sub harness, etc, etc......

I dont think Honda is ripping us off with their HRC kit....... probably one of the best 'bang for the bux' you can buy for these things.....

jmho....me~[/b]

Damn Cali... always holding the rest of us back...lol.

·
Registered
954 Posts

jmho....me~[/b]

Damn Cali... always holding the rest of us back...lol.
[/b]

LOL, that and all the hand gun regs.... when is that state just going to brake off? lol J/K.... I think

DEREK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts