Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seem to now a LOT about the 450r's .. Really cool forum You all have here. Thanks for having me...

My Question, My brother has a '07 450R trx, We where riding and all the sudden it went dead... and would not restart. No green light no noise to the starter no lights... Just nothing... We checked fuse, it was good. Checked battery it was also good, checked connections to battery they where was also good...

What else would could cause a total power loss? Could it be the starter relay? Could it be the CDI...???? I Don't know where to start so I thought Id ask You guys.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
How did you check the fuse? I would check the voltage before and after the main fuse (I assume there is one). I don't know much about the 450's with batteries, im just going by assumptions. Keep going down the line checking for 12v, starting at the battery. Sounds like either a main ground around for the battery came off or a fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did stick a screw diver across starter relay terminals and got nothing... I will check for grounds tomarrow and check the connections on the ICU, and plug connections to key... one other thing......UM where is the ICU?

Thanks again.

·
sb/ss pump gas kickin ass
3,213 Posts
icu is the black box under the hood. i would hook a battery charger up to be completly sure its not just the battery.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
if you had no power when crossing it, then i would check the ground again. even if fuse is blown or other issues, it should still crank when crossed. it would be creating a circuit right to the starter, weather the key is on or not

good luck

most of your plugs are under the hood

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
How are you checking voltage at the battery? Directly at the terminals? Try disconnecting the battery completely and checking it. If its good, then I'd check continuity through the hot and ground cables to make sure they're making a complete circuit. Most common problem is a loose ground so check the connection to the frame too. Just my two cents, but I'm an electrician and I know that since the stator needs power in order to make power and if the battery or connections go bad it won't run or even crank over.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I actually had the issue of my bike not starting the next day after riding. No sparks when I too stuck a screwdriver across the starter magnet terminals. Turns out it was my battery. Put it on the charger, says full charge. Put in a new battery and she started right up. All of this after an hour of process of elimination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are you checking voltage at the battery? Directly at the terminals? Try disconnecting the battery completely and checking it. If its good, then I'd check continuity through the hot and ground cables to make sure they're making a complete circuit. Most common problem is a loose ground so check the connection to the frame too. Just my two cents, but I'm an electrician and I know that since the stator needs power in order to make power and if the battery or connections go bad it won't run or even crank over.
My quad has no power no neutral light is turning on or anything what can it be?

·
Truck Yea
5,573 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts