Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,so the mods are stock Ferrea Valves/spring kit,100mm cp carillo piston, Stage 2 Hotcams, full Barkers exhaust,for jets I was looking for Dynojets Stage 3 but no luck,so I tried 6Sigma jets because on my Raptor 686cc the 6Sigma jets worked perfectly so I purchased another set for this 06 trx450er, for Compression it has 100psi/110psi so I'm good,I have a Compression gauge kit,anyway so I tried starting the bike,it wants to start I can hear it,but it's like it's missing idle,the jets are Main jet 165 pilot jet 50 and I have an aftermarket air/fuel screw so it's 2 ½ turns out, I think it may be the jets.... Idk anyone has any input oh yeah BTW stock filter no lid... it starts fine,but won't idle at all!!!! Just asking for a little bit of help if possible,to whoever don't want to help is all good just keep scrolling... if anyone has input on jets let me know also... Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
A 50 pilot seems rather large to me, have you tried any other sizes like a 48 or 45? You could try to turn your fuel screw all the way in to lean the pilot to see if that allows it to idle. If it sorta burbles but doesn't fully hit off your most likely to rich.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 50 pilot seems rather large to me, have you tried any other sizes like a 48 or 45? You could try to turn your fuel screw all the way in to lean the pilot to see if that allows it to idle. If it sorta burbles but doesn't fully hit off your most likely to rich.
Yes because the spark plug is black as coal when I checked it

·
Truck Yea
5,773 Posts
you need keihin jets www.jetsrus.com sells them. nothing else will work properly. your main is WAY to small, you need approx 180-200 main for that sorta set up assuming your at sea level. the pilot can be left stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you need keihin jets www.jetsrus.com sells them. nothing else will work properly. your main is WAY to small, you need approx 180-200 main for that sorta set up assuming your at sea level. the pilot can be left stock.
Right on!!!! I found my diaphragm like this today,what would be the effects of this being the way it is,I apologize for bombarding you with questions, but just trying to pick your brain a bit,I will buy the jets you're referring me to,how many turns should I have the Air/Fuel screw for this set up? Also Thank you very much for your help and time....
Sleeve Wood Automotive tire Grey Button

·
Truck Yea
5,773 Posts
No worries.

Yea replace the diaphragm for sure and make sure you buy a Honda one. Fuel screw should be turned counter clock wise 2 turns from fully tightened.

Reactions: Orville538

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sea level 102' and humid as [email protected]#/< Florida I have keihin jets from 165 main to 185 main ,pilot jet 42,45,48,50 and leak jet 35,40,55 T shaped aftermarket a/f screw,Should I order more jet just in case? Oh yeah BTW the needle I have now is the NCYQ no the oem non adjustable one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts