Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jetted to HMF recommendation on jetting 165 main, 48 pilot. Got the tusk adjustable fuel mixture screw.
HMF competition full exhaust, uni filter with lid removed and green wire mod done. Riding at about 500 ft above sea level.
It’ll fire right up with choke on then idle high. After I turn the choke off it doesn’t want to idle then has a hard time starting. When I turn the choke back on I can get it to start but it’s tough.
Any ideas?

·
Truck Yea
5,466 Posts
less pilot - go back to 42 main. more fuel screw-2.5 turns from fully in. 165 main is fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to follow up. Swapped back to the 42 pilot and it fires up with little to no bog now when I whack the throttle. It’s still a little hard to start when warm but WAY better. That tusk adjustable mixture screw is a little tricky because it doesn’t necessarily seat in the “zero” position when you run it all the way down. I’m at about 1.5 turns out from all the way in. I know you said 2.5...does that mean 2.5 turns out?

·
Truck Yea
5,466 Posts
Put the regular fuel screw back in and see if it helps. If not time to adjust the valves.

yes 2.5 Turns from fully seated inwards going out or counter clock wise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adding a stage 2 cam in a couple of weeks..
It’s ordered just waiting on it to arrive. Also picked up one of those NCYQ needles.

A few questions...should I go up on the main jet to say a 168-170?
Should I leave pilot at 42 or back to the 48?
I’ve read it’s good to run a 55 leak jet; can’t remember what mine is stock but should I worry about changing the leak?
And finally, should I back off the ACC pump adjustment screw? I don’t have the little D shaped tool but I’m wondering if it’ll help it come on a little better by adding that ACC pump shot a little earlier?

Thank you
Donnie

·
Truck Yea
5,466 Posts
leave the pilot alone, 162-165 main is good, 55 leak will do well. I would change it. dont touch the accelerator pump screw. if you really want you can get a boyesen quick shot and mess with it-its an adjustable leak jet.

·
Truck Yea
5,466 Posts
should be fine on the 3rd clip.

Reactions: uraceulose
1 - 11 of 11 Posts