Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the baffle out and no airbox lid with the k&n filter but now i put the baffle and arrestor back in and the air lid back on to make it quiet again which is why i need the stock jetting for it. I think all i did was change the main jet and it is running fine now until you hit WOT, then it runs crappy, im guessing its running rich.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
06 had a 121 main

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
tks., i've allway's been off one click.... :crazy: :_specialED:

·
Registered
173 Posts
mine was like a 118 and its an 06
now its a 162 i think that came with the hrc kit

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
stock 06/07... 120 main, 42 slow (pilot) jet, about 2 3/8 turns out on pilot screw, 70 leak jet, NHHU (non adjustable) needle
stock 04/05....118 main, 48 slow jet, unknown (adjustable on mid clip) needle, and non removable leak jet...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It had a 185 main in it so i only dropped it down to 165 and it runs great. Maybe the green wire mod and k&n air filter are whats making it want more fuel.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I personally dont think so........ but then again... not sure why it needed a 185 either.... unless someone mistakenly jetted it like an 04/05 machine...

hey, if you like how she runs... who cares what is stamped on the jet.... thats my theory, BUT, a 165 is a bit much IMHO, when using the stock air box and LID ON.....

jmho.....g

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I personally dont think so........ but then again... not sure why it needed a 185 either.... unless someone mistakenly jetted it like an 04/05 machine...

hey, if you like how she runs... who cares what is stamped on the jet.... thats my theory, BUT, a 165 is a bit much IMHO, when using the stock air box and LID ON.....

jmho.....g[/b]

I agree with you on both. Id rather it run rich because its my practice bike and the longer it runs the better it is for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
stock 06/07... 120 main, 42 slow (pilot) jet, about 2 3/8 turns out on pilot screw, 70 leak jet, NHHU (non adjustable) needle
stock 04/05....118 main, 48 slow jet, unknown (adjustable on mid clip) needle, and non removable leak jet...
Ok I just installed the same jetts on my 06 450er runs great unless I hit gas hard it has a bog what do I need to do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts